Director of Sales - Cox Business
Cox Communications, San Diego, CA 92105
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 5159 Federal Blvd, San Diego, CA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 217818
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Sales is more than a numbers game. It leads to business success. It demands true connection with the customer. It is vital to the growth of an organization. If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level, its time to learn more about our Director of Sales - Cox Business role! We are a leading provider of technology solutions with great teams across the U.S. and were looking for people like you!
As a Cox Business Director, Cox Business Sales, youll work the tools and technology to connect with our customers, helping us manage and grow our business. Talk about a connections catalyst! If youre feeling connected to this kind of opportunity, then read on.
Who You Are
Youre an innovative sales leader and ROI-driven strategist. You love sales for many reasons, but at the top of the list is your passion for creatively experimenting with new ideas, concepts, tools and approaches to marketing and lead generation. Youve got a broad understanding of demand generation and sales and are ready to run your next race with a company that puts connections first. You have deep product knowledge of Cloud and B2B telecommunications services.
What Youll Do
Of course, as a Sales Director, youll do a lot of selling. From developing and managing an effective "Go to Market" strategy to driving innovative solutions. Youll be the developing leaders along the way as well. Youll align internal and external relationships to achieve local and national market sales and revenue goals. Youll partner cross-functionally, focused on enhancing our entire portfolio to include Cloud services, Managed applications, and our massive domestic network assets....to further deepen market penetration.
Youll Also Tackle These To-dos
- Develops a professional sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with focus on team success.
- Ensures the effective leadership of the sales management team to achieve the organizations financial objectives.
- Analyzes the productivity of the overall sales organization and recommends adjustments to staffing, quotas, commissions and resources in order to maximize results.
- Conducts reviews of direct reports to ensure performance standards are met and, if not, takes immediate action to improve performance level.
- Hires Sales Managers with the abilities required to lead the achievement of sales and other business goals
- Coaches, develops and manages Sales Managers to improve individual and team performance and capability.
- Collaborates with local Human Resource coordinator and Cox Business Services Atlanta to ensure the personnel and training needs of the sales team are met.
- Develops tactical plans for base protection, competitive threats, growth, and market development.
- Approves and coordinates sales accounts and territory agreements.
- Oversees channel strategies of direct reports, ensures an appropriate balance of channel relationships, and implements corporate programs and policies for new channels.
- Collaborates with Finance, Marketing and Engineering or others as required in the annual budgeting process. Recommends sales quotas, compensation plan adjustments and management targets that will meet or exceed budgeted sales objectives.
- Develops, manages and monitors the Departments Sales Plan. Takes proactive measures to keep the Sales Department on plan. Reacts quickly with corrective action when sales are not meeting expectations.
- Develops programs, campaigns, policies and resources in order to maximize the efficiency of the sales organization and the productivity of each sales channel.
- Partners with Marketing, Operations, Installation, Finance, Construction and Engineering to ensure that strategies and processes are aligned. Works with counterparts at corporate and Residential as required Ensuring the system is selling in alignment with corporate/regional sales strategies.
- Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the system, across systems, and with corporate/regional staffs. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
- Leads sales team meetings to communicate progress toward sales targets and changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Coxs presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- Develops appropriate tracking metrics and provides regular sales reports on the performance of the sales organization. Maintains regular (pipeline) reports in order to determine that there are sufficient sales opportunities at all stages of the sales cycle to achieve budgeted sales targets.
- Recommends approval or disapproval of business cases for capital investment, based on the return on investment, for opportunities rolled up by his management team. Reviews commission policies, reports and payments as required.
- Controls expenses and maximizes capital investments while meeting or exceeding revenue goals and maximizing product margin.
- Remains current on technical information regarding Coxs telephony, data and video products and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultative sales skills, and sales management and negotiation skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
Whats In It For You?
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary plus two levels of comp incentive), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
- We value people more than technology. That means youll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. Youll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
What the Role Requires
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 10 years successful sales experience in related field achieving objectives and quotas
- 5 years successful experience in sales management preferred demonstrating progressive leadership responsibilities
- Requires 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Valid drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation
Excellent skills in building relationships, building the sales organization, business sales skills, coaches and develops, demonstrates business acumen, high impact communication, continuous learning, marshaling resources, promotes accountabiltiy, PC skills, and setting sales unit strategy, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
Nice to Have
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
- 3 years experience managing Sales Managers in a related field
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Knowledge of and business relationships in the market
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.