Director, Strategy & Development
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 218022
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox Communications is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband communications, video entertainment, home automation, IoT, commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and of course, its outstanding workplaces.
So, where do you fit in at Cox? Do you like seeing the big picture and being in the thick of complex and strategic opportunities? As the Director of Strategy & Development, you will play an essential leadership role on the Corporate Strategy team, which supports Cox Communicationss corporate and divisional strategy formation and planning activities. You will help drive the strategic planning process for Cox and your coverage areas.
- Lead the Corporate Strategy function for assigned business unit(s), which may include our Residential, Commercial, or Media businesses, or our emerging IoT business
- Guide the planning processes that produce our strategic roadmap and priorities for assigned BU(s); shape with our company-wide planning process and milestones
- Oversee the development of short, medium, and long term strategic roadmaps, and ensure alignment with operating, resource allocation, and financial plans
- Work with your partners to implement strategies and strategic roadmap elements
- Assess complex, strategic opportunities and threats and recommend actions to be taken on issues such as: new opportunity spaces and growth levers, go-to-market approach, competitive response, customer experience strategy, and product roadmaps
- Work with internal and external colleagues and sources to monitor our environments for impactful trends, and provide perspective on impact to the business
- Conduct market and competitor research to identify possible threats and opportunities and to inform strategic decision making
- Support change management and employee communication activities; share the "what" and "why" of our strategy
- Inform business development and M&A planning and targeting to assist with strategy execution and realization
- Lead the hiring, development, and output of direct-line team members; provide overall program leadership involving cross-functional and indirect team members
Whats in it for you?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Coxs highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted employee services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At Cox, youll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- Growth is a good thing, and youll have opportunities to learn and grow so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the COX family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BS/BA degree in related discipline, such as Business, Finance, or Economics
- 7+ years of total professional experience (post undergrad) with majority spent in strategy consulting and/or corporate strategy or banking environments
- Experience with strategic planning and development processes, frameworks and tools
- Can synthesize and simplify detailed and sometimes ambiguous inputs from a variety of sources
- High degree of professional "polish" with balance of executive presence, high confidence, and humility; high EQ
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization and functional areas
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and objective-driven; high degree of personal accountability and ownership
- Exceptional team and matrix skills; additive to our prized culture
- Related industry experience
- MBA or Masters degree in a related discipline such as Finance or Economics
- Experience developing and managing direct reports
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.