Commercial Lead, Industrial IoT Cox2M
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202104463
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Communications is now hiring for a Industrial IoT Commercial Lead for their Cox2M business line. Cox2M is a new Internet of Things (IoT) business line within Cox Communications established in 2018. The Cox2M Teams mission is to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, giving businesses and communities the data and tools they need to improve processes, realize operational efficiencies, and deliver better experiences to customers and residents. Youll be part of the Cox2M business development team, working with a dynamic team of professional intrapreneurs who are passionate about solving customer needs using disruptive technologies. Visit www.cox2m.com to learn more.
About the job:
Lead the sales and business development team of a dynamic, fast paced venture where you will drive the commercial readiness and growth for the Industrial IoT team within Cox2M. As a sales leader, you will own all growth targets for the organization. The team is seeking a dynamic individual who can catalyze substantial growth for the industrial IoT vertical as we hit our growth stage. With Cox2M support, you will own all commercial activities for the seeded Industrial businesses, including go-to-market strategy, commercial materials development, partnership development, customer pipeline development and management, internal stakeholder management, and deal execution. You will be the commercial voice of Cox2M in our conversations with prospects and customers most senior decision-makers. The Commercial Lead sits at the heart of Cox2Ms growth, ensuring we develop robust go to market plans and execute against our growth targets.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Generate sales for Industrial product lines in order to meet organization growth targets.
- Define target customer segments and sharpen understanding of key value propositions through customer discovery and market research. Work cross-functionally with user experience and product teams to shape and execute customer interviews and translate market needs into product requirements.
- Develop detailed go-to-market strategies to effectively commercialize new Cox2M products according to the Industrial verticals growth targets.
- Work alongside marketing teams to build commercial sales assets including pitch decks, landing pages, playbooks, pricing sheets, etc.
- Create a robust market presence for the Cox2M product line, including multi-channel media campaigns, conferences, white papers, press releases, etc.
- Develop, nourish, and maintain a customer pipeline according to defined customer segmentation.
- Identify and engage internal and external partnership opportunities to accelerate Cox2Ms speed to market and sales effectiveness.
- Drive competitor research to better position Cox2M products in the marketplace - understanding competitor features, pricing, strength/weaknesses, technical specs, etc.
- Advocate on behalf of customers to shape the Cox2M product roadmap based on market needs.
- Execute commercial contracts to meet Cox2M revenue targets.
- Coordinate with Customer Success teams to ensure retention and grow share of wallet.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BS/BA degree in related discipline desired (Business, Engineering).
- 5 or more years in commercial B2B sales with proven track record of success.
- Experience developing and executing B2B go-to-market strategies for the enterprise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present to the C-suite.
- Demonstrated skill in closing complex commercial deals.
- Natural curiosity and tendency to question the status quo.
- Experience developing, growing, and leading a sales organization.
- Experience in target industries, including industrial manufacturing, agriculture, and/or fuel distribution sectors
- Prior start-up experience strongly preferred.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.