Manager, Consumer Insights
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202104434
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
- Discrete choice methodologies
- Concept testing
- Message testing
- In-market tracking
- Advertising effectiveness
- Collaborate with internal clients (e.g., Product Marketing, Product Development, Advertising, and Pricing teams) to better understand research needs and translates needs into clear research objectives
- Manage all aspects of the research project from recommending methodologies, identifying suppliers, and managing questionnaire design, sampling plan and analytical plan.
- Work with the research supplier to produce high quality reports and presentations with actionable insights.
- The ability to communicate information and implications both verbally and in written presentations in a clear, compelling and cohesive story.
- The ability to identify opportunities and gaps for the business via a holistic understanding of business fundamentals and application of industry, consumer and marketing insights.
- Creativity to come up with innovative research solutions and curiosity to follow the data to derive new insights.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative or research field or equivalent work experience highly desired
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in market research, 5+ years of experience if candidate possesses an advanced degree
- Specialization in at least one of the following research areas: customer segmentation (including ethnographic / behavioral observation), discrete choice, advertising testing, brand positioning and communication testing, path to purchase, value proposition, new product development
- Experience in statistics, research methodology, and data analysis and with data analysis tools (e.g., SAS, SPSS)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Masters degree in social science research, MBA, or MMR degree
- Experience in the mobile/cellular category or subscription-based businesses a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in primary marketing research on the supplier and/or client side.
- The ideal Candidate will be adaptable, have strong attention to detail and excellent follow up skills, will manage time well, and will contribute to the teams overall success.
- Live Cox Values - Shows an approach towards people and work that is consistent with the overall values of the company. Works to professional standards that apply best practices approaches that are consistent with Coxs values and ethics.
- The successful candidate will have experience conducting market research as part of a high performing team and developing consumer insight from qualitative and quantitative research.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands