Project Manager II - Cox Business Order Management
Cox Communications, Las Vegas, NV 89106
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 1700 Vegas Dr, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202105053
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Responsible for the direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of project management functions associated with medium / Large, Moderately Complex Retail Cox Business customers. This includes scope of work review, risk assessment & management, project planning, estimating, tracking, reporting, management, internal & external customer communications, procurement, personnel management, quality control and compliance assurance.
Work requires a great deal of planning and independent discretion to ensure the Med/Large, Moderately Complex Projects are completed in a timely manner and in CCIs best financial interests. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor selection, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor needs required to staff project, etc.
Cox Business Med/Large, Moderately Complex Orders are defined as, All Cox Business standard products supporting Bronze/Silver/Gold and simple Platinum customers, On and Off Net HFC and on net simple Fiber products but not limited to the following: Complex COI (Cox Optical Internet), Copper, and Hybrid. Voice: PRIs, ePRIs, VMgr, IP Centrex and IP PBXs, Data: Metro Ethernet, SPN (secured private network), COI, Private Lines, Sip Trunking, Burstable Internet, and other Managed Services Desktop phone sets, Cisco Routers, National account Multi. Market etc.
- The OM- PM I will manage all Med/Large, Moderately Complex Projects (which may include multisite locations) in support of Cox Business customers. Plans sequencing of projects and directs employees, vendors, and third parties to accomplish projects on agreed upon timeframes. Sets and manages customer expectations and proactively identifies and mitigates project risks.
- Ensures 100% accuracy and integrity of Customer data, Reviews and Evaluates to establishes implementation plan, reviews customer needs with boundary partner support enabling workflow to be moved to various Cox Teams all within the negotiated and agreed timelines.
- Manages projects to ensure profitability. Prepares cost analysis to maximize return on investment. Completes margin analysis on specific projects or unanticipated changes.
- Services the companys business operations by negotiating installation, platform, and production solutions on companys behalf to ensure project serviceability.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment to ensure project serviceability. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor selection decisions, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor required to staff project, etc.
- Provides project management for Cox Business service delivery process. Coordinates with Construction to build to new sites. Determines the need for site surveys and conducts as necessary. Determines if coordination is required with other carriers and coordinates as needed. Identifies proper permitting and government approvals required for project and ensures they are obtained. Evaluates the need for vendor work and equipment installation to service location; oversees vendor work and equipment installation to prepare for completion of Large, Moderately Complex Commercial Projects.
- Coordinates the delivery of designated Med/Large, Moderately Complex services with customer. Conduct post installation review and installation with customer. All Standard CB products
- Analyzes communications and requests from clients, support departments, and subcontractors and determine what course of action is necessary. Updates appropriate management team and stakeholders on project status. Communicates project requirements to other departments and Customer.
- Adheres to standard proactive customer communication intervals including but not limited to phone calls and email templates which provide updates to the customer on the progression of implementation milestone and scheduling changes. Analyzes communications and requests from clients, support departments, and subcontractors and determine what course of action is necessary. Updates appropriate management team and internal stakeholders on project status and risk mitigation.
- Manages long range logistics and planning for multiple customer projects. Obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts are meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results.
- Coordinates with vendors and POCs for building access and install dates.
- Work closely with functional business divisions, vendors and customers in defining project priorities, approach, resources requirements and timing of deliverables. Leveraging risk mitigation strategies to ensure both customer and business goals are met.
- Updates and Tracks projects in Order Management tools and provides consistent updates and communications to status of projects. Works the project plan and resolves any date conflicts with customer, sales team, field Project Managers and internal boundary partners. Addresses questions from customers on details of services being installed and ensures understanding of project lifecycle, duration, risk items and risk mitigation plans.
- Acts as the single point of contact for managing customer escalations, project changes, cancels and disputes prior to billing.
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
3+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Communications Industry, Project Management, etc.).
Requires knowledge of Hybrid Fiber Coax systems (HFC) in aerial and underground utility construction and design parameters
Proficiency of Windows based applications (Word, Excel, Project) and knowledge of Order Management System (OMS).
Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and verbal and written communication skills to lead and work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Business, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in a leading cross functional leadership role preferred.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.