National Media Planner - Cox Media
Cox Communications, San Diego, CA 92111
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 5887 Copley Drive, San Diego, CA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 2110248
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
As a National Media Planner, you will be responsible for partnering with our internal and external sales teams by developing strategic cross platform media plans and avails that optimize yield principles and demonstrate an understanding of the Client objective. You will partner with the National Sales Manager to respond to client, rep firm and agency requests from start to finish. Qualified candidates for the position will be critical thinkers, possess strong qualitative and analytical skills, and demonstrate the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Work directly with the National Sales Manager(NSM) to strategically grow national revenue line
- Under NSM guidance, assist rep firm with avail/proposal creation, execution, and stewardship
- Become main point of contact for smaller Ampersand offices
- Serve as back-up when NSM is travelling including ability to submit rates and confidently make business decisions to secure new revenue (consult with Inventory Manager and/or VP as needed)
- Work with NSM to develop effective sales packages (sports) to distribute via emk
- Assist NSM on sales planning projects on behalf of Ampersand, Cox Corp, Cox Media, and for direct clients
- Creates proposals across different media platforms adhering to all rate cards, buy specs, and negotiation guardrails as needed. Includes Core spot, VOD, IP/OTT, and other Digital as needed
- Works with inventory and inventory tools to maximize stewardship and minimize variance
- Work with Inventory and Sales Services to troubleshoot posts, maximize makegoods, and problem solve as needed
- Assist Sales Services with pre-empt notices, overall reporting, and other backend functions as needed
- Research and report on billing discrepancies
- Work with NSM to provide client recaps when needed
- Assist with monitoring and/or pulling of fulfillment/post buy reports and subsequent UDW schedule fulfillment
- Become a subject matter expert on internal systems and tools (inventory tools, rate cards, Strata, cablequal,etc.)
- Be primary stakeholder for deliverable tracking on Ampersand National Targeted TV schedules, NSM will assist with plans and revisions as needed to ensure delivery
- Work closely with Sales, Research, Sales Services, CFC, and Finance etc. to help support all business needs and provide client support as needed
- Work with NSM to pull and scrub market reports for low share and zero share accounts
- Assist with identifying and tracking local political prospects including contact details for down ballot races and local ballot measures
- 2+ years of experience required in related field - Media Planning, Media Buying, Advertising Agency or Media Sales
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft tools
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly preferred
- Proficiency in media math and terminology
- Strata or media buying software experience a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Account Executive 3 - Cox Business - $7,500.00 Sign-On Bonus A...
Cox Communications, West Warwick, RI 02893