Cox Communications, San Diego, CA 92111
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 5887 Copley Dr, San Diego, CA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202200038
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
- Designs, manages and executes communication strategies and plans that maintain high employee morale and retention while driving strategic business objectives.
- Develops and manages various communications tools, including intranet communications, employee meetings and events, videos, senior leader announcements and messages, etc., that support effective communication.
- Provides employees with appropriate messages, tools and training to help them be effective communicators.
- Counsels leaders on importance of frequent, open communication and inserts employee communications considerations into planning of major initiatives, events and announcements.
- Assists with programs/communications that increase employees competitive awareness and readiness.
- Promotes a positive, effective flow of information to employees and within boundary partners, such as HR.
- Develops and drafts internal announcements and articles for publication within the company.
- Collaborates and partners across PA internal communications team (corporate center and field regions) to ensure integration and distribution of key messages to all employees.
- Establishes and leverages strong partnerships with key departments and internal/external customers.
- Will be responsible for contributing to aspects of departmental budgeting.
- May participate in hiring decisions, employee development, training and managing performance. Motivates and coaches others to achieve department and company goals.
- May develop policies and procedures for department to standardize practices.
- Develops and implements tactical plans for department including priorities, objectives, and timelines to meet goals.
- Will provide support for external communications team as needed (ie draft press releases, social media posts, employee communications and other communications efforts).
- Develop communications to ensure employees are aware of national messages and key priorities as well as their business functions messages and priorities.
- Work strategically with internal communications team to ensure we are reaching employees in the most efficient, yet effective manner.
- Proactively suggest new delivery mechanisms/tools/social media opportunities that will facilitate engagement with employees.
- Provide input and recommendations to employee communications teammates on any topics that may have been overlooked or not fully investigated.
Supervision - Typically supervises one or more exempt professional individual contributors and/or associated support staff.
Span of Control/Complexity - Typically supervises a team of professional individual contributors; may also directly or indirectly supervise support staff; activities are typically more diverse covering multiple functions OR may be responsible for complex projects having significant scope/impact.
Decision-Making Authority - With oversight from higher level managers, achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
Financial - Contributes to development of an operating plan and budget; Generally responsible for managing or coordinating expenses within a budget or part of a larger budget; May manage or coordinate a project budget or multiple project budgets
Consequence of Error - Actions at this level can cause or prevent delays, inefficiencies or unnecessary expense that measurably affect operational results of a CCI business or the efficiency and effectiveness of a team &/or projects managed.
Typical Problems Solved - Solutions require analysis and investigation beyond what might have been applied in past experiences; problems are broadly defined and require interpretation.
Core Functions - Manages a part of a department or large project team; Supervises, coordinates, provides leadership to and reviews the work of professional level subordinates to accomplish operational plans and results; Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to direct reports, subunits and/or project team to meet service and budget targets.
Technical/Admin Work Performed - May spend a significant portion of time as an individual contributor performing assignments that require a higher level of experience or technical expertise than direct reports OR may be an in-depth functional manager OR may manage complex projects or processes.
- 7+ years experience in communications, preferably internal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent writing skills with samples upon request (articles, posts, interviews, op-eds)
- Excellent presentation skills and experience speaking before groups of people (both virtually and in-person)
- Experience writing for the web as well as organizing and updating intranet pages
- Proven ability to partner cross functionally and lead/collaborate through influence
- Proven track record in improving operating results and efficiencies
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Exhibits executive presence
- Possesses basic graphic design skills (Canva, Power Point)
- BS/BA in related discipline
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry
- Corporate communications or media relations experience
- Advanced graphic design skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Familiarity with social media platforms and managing campaigns on social media
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.