Referral Sales Agent
Cox Communications, Phoenix, AZ 85027
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 1550 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202105767
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Universal Referral Sales Agent is responsible for inbound and outbound sales activity and lead/referral follow up to support the companys national referral program targeted to Cox employees and business partners. Exceeds growth and profit objectives by maximizing the sale of individual and bundled Cox video, voice and data services to residential customers though inbound and outbound telemarketing,. Responsible for selling and scheduling all Cox related products and services to new and existing customers via outbound and/or inbound calls within a quota bearing structured environment. Also responsible for answering general questions. Delivers ethical sales while maintaining a high quality customer experience during all interactions.
- Maximizes residential sales calls made and received by selling Cox Communications products and services to new and existing customers generating revenue. Services include video, telephone, high-speed data and digital TV services, etc.) while at the same time educating customers and promoting current marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Completes inbound and outbound sales based on meeting service level agreements for assigned leads generated from Cox employees and business partners.
- Resolves customer concerns, overcoming customer objections and retaining customers.
- Sells services to inbound-and outbound calling customers, on a commission basis.
- At times, receives inbound calls from customers who are requesting a "controllable" disconnect or change to their services.
- Understands and promotes current marketing campaigns and at times, boutique lead generation partner offers, based on source of customers.
- Sets up new customer accounts and assesses current customer accounts to recommend suitable Cox services.
- Utilizes sales skills to meet production expectations
- Completes timely and accurate records of sales activities both in ICOMs and in the referral management platform on a daily basis.
- Maintains current job knowledge through completion of on-going training opportunities, satisfactory skills assessment scores, and attainment of job related certifications, including annual certification renewal/update.
- Presents product information in an accurate manner while ensuring solid customer service for the customer at all times.
- May serve as Project Lead, Subject Matter Expert, and/or Department Liaison for new product rollouts, marketing efforts, training programs, and/or various other strategic initiatives.
- Responds to any account related questions in which customers may have including billing, payment issues, pricing, etc.
- Meets and exceeds adjustable sales quotas/objectives on a consistent bi-weekly and/or monthly basis for all products, services, and key performance metrics.
- Meets and exceeds established key performance indicators including but not limited to order entry accuracy, ethics, productivity rates, quality standards, and retention rate across the end-to-end sales process.
- Consultatively sells Cox products/services to target customers.
- Processes leads from various referral points (e.g. Refer to Cox AZ, Internal Lead generation, Leasing Agent Program, etc.).
- Properly dispositions various types of calls through a lead referral platform in accordance with performance metrics and standards.
- Ensures internal departmental quality control through diligence in customer contact, order entry, tracking, follow-up and problem resolution.
- Attends sales meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- 6 months work experience in a position that requires meeting sales goals.
- 6 months experience - computer experience - PC and Widows literate with the ability to maneuver between multiple screens quickly.
- Verbal and written communication skills with ability to probe to understand problem and explain technically complex information in easy to understand terms.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to train on Cox order entry systems.
- ICOMS preferred.
- Knowledge of telecom, video and data industry or equivalent experiences a plus.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.