Senior Product Manager, Product Strategy & Development
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 221024
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
- Internet Data Usage - Suite of customer-facing tools and offerings (e.g., Unlimited plans) for managing household Internet data usage
- Cox Complete Care - a premium offering providing advanced tech support and troubleshooting for any connected device in customers homes
- Pre-paid Internet (StraightUp Internet) - a key component of our growth strategy which offers flexible payment options to customers and is sold in partnership with Boost Mobile Stores throughout our footprint
- Develop, evangelize, and gain cross-functional buy-in for a multi-year visions, strategy and roadmaps for Internet Data Usage, Cox Complete Care and StraightUp Internet.
- Facilitate communication amongst executives, peers and relevant stakeholders to maintain alignment and awareness of current product state and vision.
- Drive development of business cases, underlying assumptions, and sensitivities (in partnership with Finance)
- Responsible for thorough due-diligence and fact-base gathering in order to determine strategy and potential new features based on consumer insights, 3rd party research, customer-listening, internal input from key partners and competitive/industry trends.
- Develop clear and crisp executive-level PowerPoint presentations
- Author comprehensive business requirements for new features and enhancements for the StraightUp (pre-paid) Internet product, ensuring full scope of operational and customer experience needs are captured.
- Drive development activities for StraightUp Internet - from idea inception to market launches; partnering closely with Technology, Marketing, Customer Care and other key groups
- Own and drive User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Production validation strategies
- Define and execute go-to-market strategy in collaboration with Marketing, Public Affairs and Customer Care. Develop and gain consensus on positioning, key benefits and internal/external talking points
- "Go to" expert on Coxs competitive position and the overall industry, regulatory landscape for the products under the Sr. Managers purview. Monitors developments within vendor community and technology trends.
- Manage and review allocated budget and actual spend for product development activities for StraightUp Internet product.
- Experience leading multifaceted programs which involve assessing and developing a holistic program strategy and gaining cross-functional buy-in.
- Excellent communication skills, with prior experience developing and delivering effective executive-level communications via PowerPoint, email and verbally.
- Experience leading development programs and budgets with multi-year development cycles.
- Demonstrated experience leading large cross-functional teams to plan and execute go-to-market approaches.
- Experience working on complex business cases and determining/validating key assumptions.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex ideas and data to communicate a story and vision clearly and concisely to executive audiences.
- Prior experience working with consumer insights/research and user experience research in order to make key business decisions.
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills. Proven ability to make connections across data and analytics coming from quantitative and qualitative sources to glean key insights that help drive business decisions.
- Must have a high sense of urgency and tenacity to achieve goals, with experience taking an idea and running with it.
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field (e.g. Consulting, Marketing, Technology, Process Improvement, etc.)
- 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Strong skills developing executive-level Powerpoint presentations
- Demonstrate strong technical and market knowledge.
- Bachelors degree. MBA or other advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Previous experience working in Product Development, Product Marketing, Consulting or other roles involved directly in ideation, strategy, development, launching and managing products throughout their lifecycle
- Experience driving business case creation and key business case assumptions
- Experience writing requirements/user stories and driving development in both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Prior experience in telecommunications, high-tech environment or related industries is a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands