Sales Engineer II (Cloud Focus) - Cox Business
Cox Communications, Herndon, VA 20171
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 13900 Lincoln Park Dr, Herndon, VA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 223375
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Cox Business is a leading provider of technology solutions in markets across the US. Our product portfolio includes managed network and hosting services, cloud infrastructure, Internet, voice, TV and other emerging technology solutions. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents, and we embrace a diverse workforce and the unique skills that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
We are looking for a Senior Sales Engineer with a customer-centric focus who is passionate about exceeding our clients expectations and assisting in the acquisition of new business. In partnership with sales, you will meet with current and prospective Cox Business clients to design and develop cost-effective technology solutions to meet their evolving needs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Partner in the preparation and delivery of technical presentations, acting as a subject matter expert in all offerings, and help to both develop sales opportunities and drive them to closure
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how Cox Business products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identify additional opportunities in existing accounts
- Provide design consultation and standard methodology mentorship for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the pre-sales process for strategic opportunities
- Provide statement(s) of work, scope and design documentation, solution summaries, operational support detail, and other technical documentation to outline delivery and lifecycle of services proposed to customers
- Provide consultation to potential customers on technical alternatives that solve business problems
- Develop technical and strategic responses for requests for information (RFI), requests for proposal (RFP) and requests for quote (RFQ)
- Research and demonstrate industry knowledge and emerging technology trends
- Perform additional duties and special projects related to the position as assigned
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field; 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 3 years telecommunications (telephony, data, and video) engineer or sales engineer experience
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and within teams throughout the organization
- Proven record of presenting technical information to high-level clients and executives
- Ability to efficiently conduct consultative analysis and provide recommendations
- Proficient in computer operating systems, equipment and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Valid drivers license, safe driving record, reliable transportation
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired
- A proven level of experience in VDI solutions (VMWare, NetScaler, Horizon View and DaaS, RDS)
- A proven level of competence with Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Windows servers, Active Directory, backup software, Azure AD, DRaaS and eMail cybersecurity solutions.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as a Service, Desktop as a Service, Disaster Recovery as a Service, Security as a Service, Backup as a Service and Microsoft 365 solutions and products.
- CCDA/CCNA certification, CCNP
- MEF-CECP 2.0 certification
- A proven level of experience with SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, SIP trunking, and network virtualization
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.