Account Manager - Cox Business
Cox Communications, Wichita, KS 67211
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 901 S George Washington Blvd, Wichita, KS, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 223683
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Generates new sales opportunities; identifies new prospects or new departments/divisions/branches of organizations that are already Cox Business customers by using multiple sources of sales leads and contacts.
- Calls on prospective customers to develop new or expanded sales opportunities and set an appoint to discuss their communication needs, as appropriate.
- Meets with prospective and existing customers to assess their communication needs and estimate the amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents.
- Proactively contacts customers prior to contract expiration and/or responds to customer requests to reduce spending or cancel contracts in order to solve problems, renew contracts and sell additional products and services.
- Develops strategies, proposal, and presentations to sell complex bundled voice, data, and video solutions to customers.
- Makes sales presentations to customer decision makers who represent new or incremental sales opportunities. Uses value-based selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox products and to educate and influence customers.
- Negotiates pricing and products with new and existing customers. Ensures that product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Serves as main point of contact and ensures customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle. Develops future business opportunities and gains referrals. Makes frequent contact; maintains in-depth knowledge of customers business, industry, and key competitors; regularly updates needs analysis; customers as required.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Coxs presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- Develops and maintains sales plans for assigned accounts.
- Proactively manages the base of revenue by contacting customers prior to contract expiration for renewal and upsell.
- Refers contact information for a customer or prospect to the appropriate Sales Representative if the sale is not appropriate (e.g. not in assigned segment, customer or prospect is too small).
- Works with Order Entry Specialist to set up orders for installation. Works with Project Manager, Service Delivery, Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet large/complex customer needs and address issues regarding installation or service.
- Assesses the ROI/IRR for prospects who are not currently on the Cox network and forwards the result for approval.
- Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose. Manages and maintains required pipeline, win/loss, and forecast data, providing updates as required by management.
- Keeps CRM up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
- Stays up-to-date on Coxs products and services. Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Cox and competitor telephony, data, and video services/solutions, customer premise equipment, networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands