Inside Relationship Representative - Cox Business
Cox Communications, Pensacola, FL 32514
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 3405 McLemore Drive, Pensacola, FL, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 223767
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Real relationships are sincere, authentic, and built on trust. These are the kinds of connections that move business forward. Imagine being the person who helps bring these relationships to life. If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level, its time to learn more about Cox Business.
We are a leading provider of technology solutions with great sales teams across the US and were looking for people like you!
As a Cox Business Inside Relationship Representative, youll provide business owners the tools and technology to connect with their customers, helping them manage and grow their business. If youre feeling connected to this kind of opportunity, then read on.
Who You Are
Youre known for your ambition and grit- you have a strong desire to achieve. Your work ethic impresses customers and colleagues alike. Youre quick on your feet with ideas and solutions, fueled by a tenacious entrepreneurial spirit. Youve got a proven track record in sales and are ready to run your next race with a company that puts real relationships first.
What Youll Do - Position Summary
The Cox Business Inside Relationship Representative (Retail) retains valuable small to medium business customers for Cox Business by minimizing controllable churn and capturing upselling opportunities. In this role, youll respond to calls from existing customers and prevent them from disconnecting services. The IRR engages in "save" activities on requests for disconnection by resolving problems or offering incentives, credit, and other offers. The IRR leverages a deep understanding of Coxs catalog of business solutions to uncover or create customer needs to resell them on their existing or additional products. Additionally, the IRR sells non-complex bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video products and features as an up-sell to current customers.
Youll also tackle these to-dos - Functional Accountabilities:
- Answer inbound customer controllable disconnect calls, and controllable disconnect calls escalated from residential call center departments.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of customer referral program.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to customers to inform them of new products/services or upsell them on enhanced packages.
- Make outbound calls with a focus on renewing, saving or upgrading existing customers with a propensity to churn.
- Manage the base of revenue by proactively contacting customers 3-6 months of contract expire for renewal and upsell.
- Listen to and question customers in order to understand their businesses communication needs, troubleshoot and resolve sources of service, pricing and technical problems.
- Work with Sales Engineer (or Data Sales Engineer) and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions and address any issues regarding installation or service.
- Refer complex problems to other departments for resolution.
- Make win back offers of credits, free repairs, and discounts according to company guidelines.
- Negotiate penalties with clients to obtain at least the company specified minimum penalty payment.
- Up-sell bundled telephony, data, wireless, and video, as well as other Cox Business products to current customers.
- Develop proposals and presentations for add-on products/services purchased by previously acquired CB customers.
- Negotiate pricing, products, promotions, and terms/conditions with clients.
- Ensure product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Perform any necessary calculations pertaining to fees, time periods, pro-rations, or competitive pricing comparisons.
- Educate customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Work with Sales Support Administration to complete sales orders.
- Provide customer intelligence and feedback to Marketing department.
- Remain current on technical information regarding Cox Businesss services/solutions, including telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
- Spend the majority of work time talking on the telephone with customers. Handles calls from dissatisfied customers. Limited physical mobility: sit at their positions and take or make calls.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and develop internal relationships to resolve customer problems.
- Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple windows and order entry.
- Assist customers with disconnecting or downgrading services
- Assist with other duties as needed.
Whats In It For You?
At Cox Business, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
- First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption
- We value people more than technology. That means youll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and your uniqueness - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox Business strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
- We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. Youll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
- Your sales territory will be local, so if youre looking to be home for your family at night or meet your friends for dinner at the end of the day, weve got you covered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Skills, Experience, & Education
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 2 or more years of experience preferred in related field
- At least 6 months of experience working with computers and common business software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, customer service orientation, expanding and advancing sales opportunities, high impact communication, multi-tasking, negotiation, PC skill, quality orientation, reasoning, sales aptitude, and tolerance for a structured work environment in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired
- 1 year business-to-business sales experience (inside or outside), with quotas
- 1 year in a role focused on retaining customers and revenue
- 1 year experience selling by telephone
- 6 months experience in the communications industry or at a major communications equipment vendor
- Knowledge of local telecom market, local contacts
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.