Director, Sales - COX2M
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202201786
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now wed like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for great talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
Cox Communications is now hiring for a Director of Sales in their Cox2M business line. Cox2M is a new Internet of Things (IoT) business line venture within Cox Communications. The Cox2M Teams mission is to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, giving businesses and cities the data and tools they need to improve processes, realize operational efficiencies, and deliver better experiences to customers and residents. Youll work alongside a dynamic team of professional intrapreneurs who are passionate about solving customer needs using disruptive technology in a dynamic environment. Visit www.cox2m.com to learn more.
About the Role
Join the ground floor of a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you will engage across the most burning issues facing businesses, cities, and communities today and in years to come. As the Cox2M Sales Director, you will be responsible for delivering the Cox2M revenue goals in line with the business ambitious growth plans. Leading a team of Business Development Managers and Inside Sales Leads across our core offerings, you will successfully deliver the vision, direction, training and management required to ensure all sales revenue goals are achieved to plan.
You will encourage the team to use a consultative sales approach to grow Cox2Ms market share through introducing and selling products and services to prospects in our key addressable markets. You will collaborate closely with our Marketing Director, Product teams and GMs to ensure we maximize every opportunity to bring our products to life, positioning us as the market leaders in IOT innovation.
As Sales Director, you will be responsible for creating the sales strategy, identifying new channels to market, and building best practice playbooks that enable Cox2M to bring new offerings to market at scale. This person will possess significant previous leadership experience and commercial acumen, ideally within the IoT industry.
- Build and deliver the Cox2M sales strategy across our growing portfolio.
- Lead and grow the sales function to deliver current KPIs while building for the future trajectory
- Work in partnership with the Marketing Director to build the playbook for sales enablement and sales pipeline optimization.
- Deliver the annual sales revenue targets.
- Partner with Cox2Ms Product and Marketing teams to ensue customer insights are utilized across our customer journey optimization efforts.
- Motivate and educate a team of Outside and Inside sales reps to deliver to plan.
- Implement a consultative sales approach to improve customer experience and loyalty while strengthening relationships with the client
- Use understanding of business strategy, operations, process analysis, design and improvement to make recommendations on how Cox2M can solve client needs
- Participate in key negotiations with clients and Cox2M leadership in coordination with others to secure/grow the business line.
- Participate in trade and industry events to represent Cox2M and CAI as industry leaders
The ideal candidate....
- Is willing to "roll up your sleeves" and "get your hands dirty" as the business scales
- Can communicate effectively across all levels, including with cross-functional stakeholders
- Is characterized by a positive outlook and the ability to see opportunity and overcome challenges
- Is a catalyst who initiates positive change with a strong sense of urgency
- Is data-driven and committed to building a business that will be the dominant player in the market
- Is aware of the value of long-term customer relationships
- Is intelligent and able to excel alongside high performing, driven, smart colleagues
- Is a strong entrepreneurial spirit with passion for your work and the team
- Is a collaborative, hardworking problem-solver who leads by example
- Is a team player who is highly respected by colleagues, teammates, and managers, and who manages others to exceed expectations and constantly raise the bar
- Is adaptable and results-oriented with a proven ability to lead a team to exceed sales targets
- Is skilled in negotiation techniques
What the role requires....
10+ years of experience in Sales and Sales Management
Have experience working in technology, automotive or IoT space
Solid experience in building and optimizing best practice sales enablement playbooks
Proven track record of successfully building and leading sales teams
Nice to haves....
BS/BA degree in related discipline desired (business, strategy, marketing, etc.)
Intricate and detailed understanding of the IoT industry
Record of consistently driving results while identifying and removing barriers to accelerate future scale
Skilled in developing and finalizing business case scenarios
Significant experience developing and successfully implementing strategies on a large scale
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.