Solutions Engineer II - RapidScale
Cox Communications, Raleigh, NC 27603
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 510 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 224457
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
RapidScale is a cloud computing company based in Irvine, CA and were looking for an awesome Solutions Engineer to join our team! Were looking for high-energy people to join our SE team and learn the ropes to further your career. Get experience in a dynamic, high-paced, and successful company and have fun while doing it! Job Summary: The Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing pre-sales support for complex managed services solutions in a cloud hosting environment. The "SE" must be a subject matter expert on all RapidScale solutions and continually working to improve themselves and our company. Position includes direct customer involvement on sales opportunities, validation of all quotes, ongoing enhancement of service and product descriptions, and interfacing with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering teams to keep up to date on all new service capabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships with clients, partners, vendors, and colleagues. Communicate professionally and effectively at all levels.
- Take a leading role in senior level presentations and large-scale customer negotiations with Sales Teams and Sales Partners.
- Provide metrics / detail on number / status of opportunities being supported.
- Ensure consistency of solutions, value proposition, and pre-sales support methodology.
- Assist sales team on technical aspects of proposal writing and development.
- Ensure smooth transfer of solution design details and knowledge from Solutions Engineering team to Engineering teams and Project Management teams for all new service implementations.
- Ensure solutions comply with operational processes and policies related to solution design and implementation.
- Foster a customer service-oriented approach for all team members.
- Up to 25% travel
- 2+ years of experience in pre-sales support
- 5+ years of progressive experience implementing information technology solutions
- Strong problem resolution and conflict management skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- A working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
- Strong understanding of network and security solutions
- Understanding of IP addressing and subnets, routing protocols, firewalls, and load balancing
- Strong interpersonal skills; must work effectively with associates; be a team player
- Demonstrated technical sales leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; must communicate effectively in a professional manner
- Effectively multitask, organized, and manage priorities
- Strong MS Office and Visio Skills
- Must project confidence and creativity
- Must display a willingness to learn and self-motivate
- Keep a positive attitude at all times
- Prior technology sales experience (desired)
- Demonstrates RapidScale values
Inter-Relationships: Role requires the ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously. This position will require working with several departments and different personalities.
Working Environment: Fast-paced, positive, high-energy environment. Can have high levels of stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
Security and Compliance Requirements: All positions at Rapidscale have role-based levels of access to networks, systems, customer, and company information. Information Security is a top priority and access granted is limited to only necessary systems and information required to perform the expected job responsibilities. In this position, as an employee, you are required to protect and maintain the integrity of our company and customer information. These protections include information assets including customer and company information for any PHI, PII, billing, contact, and other related personal or proprietary information.
Physical Requirements: Employee may need to carry up to 20 pounds (i.e. carrying laptop and other equipment). Employee may push/pull up to 25 pounds. Employee may stand up to 4 hours. Employee may walk up to 1.5 hours. Employee may need to drive 2 hours. Employee may perform repetitive bending up to 1 hour. Employee may sit up to 8 hours. Employee may spend up to 8 performing computer work/typing. Employee may spend up to 8 hours on the telephone.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.