Indirect Retail Sales Associate
Cox Communications, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 320 Racetrac Rd NW, Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 224762
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Description - Internal
Do you have what it takes to be the face of Cox Communications and represent our outstanding products in top national and local retailers? In this role, youll be the link between customers and the Cox products that connect them to their family, friends and the world!
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now wed like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
As an Indirect Retail Sales Associate, you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization, by serving as a front-line ambassador of the Cox brand. Working at a third party location, you will guide customers through the purchase decision, installation process and education of Cox product and accessory offerings while providing an exceptional customer experience.
This is the perfect career opportunity for sales-driven individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as an Indirect Retail Sales Associate. As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual amount of $42,780. This reflects the fulltime hourly base rate of at least $15.00 and target commission is $965 a month. There is potential to earn up to and beyond $50,875 annually as a high performer. Employees also receive a ramp period of up to 2 months to adjust to commission earnings and an annual continued performance bonus of up to $1000.
Keep reading to learn more and apply today!
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Ensures individual sales, revenue, and customer experience targets are met
- Explains, illustrates, demonstrates product and accessory capabilities and offers suggestions based on customers wants and needs
- Provides best-in-class customer service skills and aids customers in completing purchases and resolving issues; maintains polished and professional presence
- Executes promotions and campaigns designed to increase brand equity and achieve sales objectives
- Ensures sales area remains well merchandised, clean, and visually appealing at all times
- Participates in workshops, special events, and product demonstrations to drive customer loyalty
- Continuously expands knowledge of current Cox products as well as competitor product offerings by participating in regular training classes inside and outside of the store
- May be required to work in other locations that are in proximity to ‘home store to meet the needs of the business
- Provides support for other sales agents as needed to ensure optimal customer service
- Assists with other duties as requested
Qualifications - Internal
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- Ability to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products and services
- Must have reliable, consistent transportation and ability to work at a variety of retail locations
- Track record of high individual performance with demonstrated financial result in sales and retention
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a solutions-based approach
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory
- Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
- Additional Vendor Background Checks, Training or Certification may be required based on assigned Third Party Location.
- 1 or more year of experience in related field (i.e. Sales, Retail Sales, etc.)
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline desired
- Previous experience with store operational duties
- Cash handling and previous billing system experience
- Advanced knowledge of Cox products and services
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Sales Account Executive – Banking/Fintech Vertical
Boomtown, San Francisco, CA USA or Denver, CO or Remote