Senior Product Manager - RapidScale
Cox Communications, Raleigh, NC 27603
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 510 Glenwood Ave, Raleigh, NC, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 224803
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the definition, development, and delivery of Managed Services. This role engages and communicates with stakeholders throughout the business, including other Product Management teams, Product Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Legal and successfully executes on a defined product strategy across the business. Own the success of the products and associated P&L.
- Work with leadership to define a 3-year roadmap
- Executes on Rapidscale Product roadmap, with Product team and other cross-functional teams
- Define product requirements for new products, features, and use cases; define acceptance criteria for each
- Own development across the entire product lifecycle phases - product definition, development, delivery, deployment, and optimization.
- Coordinate closely with cross functional teams to ensure alignment between technical, business, and field teams on product features and releases.
- Keep up to date on security and market trends; identify and evaluate new product ideas or strategic product extensions
- Understand customer needs for security services for hybrid cloud and / or hosted cloud services.
- Work closely with partners to deliver your products / solutions
- Provide management KPIs pertaining to solutions
- Keep track of product performance through data collection and analysis; build and maintain dashboards to maintain product use and performance.
- Develop and deliver in collaboration with sales compelling presentations, demos, sample solutions.
- Drive insights from interactions to tweak the Rapidscale Product roadmap
- Support the Sales lifecycle and collaborate with Product Marketing with asset creation, competitive positioning, and demand generation activities.
- Own portfolio P&L and go-to-market activities.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Vendor or industry accreditations desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A high-level customer facing role, the person needs to encompass the disposition of a customer facing staff member to handle internal customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Ability to perform within a closely-knit team and improve the execution of your teammates.
- A self-motivated & quick learner ready to dig in.
- Data literate and comfortable with data analysis.
- Flexibility. Job holder must be capable of being flexible in his/her approach and be able to apply alternative methods to overcome problems in what is a dynamic environment.
- Willing to travel up to (25%).
IT Qualifications and Certifications
- Minimum 8-11 years Product Management and or technical work experience in service provider, enterprise networking, cloud, applications, or data center.
- Strong understanding of data center market dynamics with focus on Cloud Solutions and Managed Service Providers.
- Working knowledge of technology components including (e.g., firewalls, VMware, DaaS, Backup Solutions, Disaster Recovery Solutions and Networking)
- A deep understanding of services to include Managed Firewall, Desktop as a Service, Managed Backup and Disaster Recovery, M365, IaaS and other Cloud Solutions.
- Familiarity with VMware NSX networking and security, compute virtualization.
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in Agile product development methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud delivered applications and platforms -Private/AWS/Azure/Google.
- Track record in leading end-to-end deliveries of high-quality products and experiences.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.