Project Manager-Order Management III, Cox Business
Cox Communications, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 1341 Crossways Blvd, Chesapeake, VA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 225674
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Project Manager III is responsible for the oversight, coordination, management, and communication of details on various projects (as assigned) from conception through Design, Engineering, and Construction to create a smooth and successful installation of the most complex combination fiber projects primarily for designated large Political, Government, Schools and Hospitality clients. This may also include carrier and enterprise customers. Manages the direction, execution and completion of project management functions, end-to-end, for complex high-revenue Cox Business customers. Facilitates communication across operational groups, and ensures compliance with the defined processes and implementation.
Work requires a great deal of planning and independent discretion to ensure the largest and most complex commercial projects for designated large Political, Government, Schools and Hospitality clients are completed in a timely manner and in Cox Communications best financial interests. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor selection, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor needs required to staff project, etc.
- The PM-OM III will manage all complex combination fiber projects for designated large government, schools, and hospitality projects (which may include multi-site locations) in support of Cox Business customers. Plans sequencing of projects and directs employees, vendors, and third-parties to accomplish projects on an agreed upon timeframe. Sets and manages customer expectations and proactively identifies and mitigates project risks.
- PM-OM III will typically manage very high-profile clients (e.g. political, government, schools, and hospitality) and the highest revenue projects. This role requires a strong executive presence and ability to influence individuals at various organizational levels (e.g. executives, government officials, etc.).
- Manages projects to ensure profitability. Prepares cost-analysis to maximize return on investment. Completes margin analysis on specific projects or unanticipated changes.
- Services the companys business operations by negotiating installation, platform, and production solutions on companys behalf to ensure project serviceability.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment to ensure project serviceability. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor-selection decisions, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high-profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor required to staff project, etc.
- Provides project management for Cox Business service delivery process. Coordinates with Construction to build to new sites. Determines the need for site surveys and conducts as necessary. Determines if coordination is required with other carriers and coordinates as needed. Identifies proper permitting and government approvals required for project and ensures they are obtained. Evaluates the need for vendor work and equipment installation to service location - oversees vendor work and equipment installation to prepare for completion of the largest, and most complex projects for high-profile and revenue projects.
- Coordinates the delivery of designated largest and most complex services with high profile customers. Conduct on-site post-installation review and installation with customer.
- Analyzes communications and requests from clients, support departments, and subcontractors and determine what course of action is necessary. Updates appropriate management team and stakeholders on project status. Communicates project requirements to other departments.
- Manages long range logistics and planning for multiple customer projects. Obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts are meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results.
- Coordinates with vendors and POCs for building access and install dates.
- Work closely with functional business divisions, vendors, and customers in defining project priorities, approach, resources requirements and timing of deliverables.
- Implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
- Manages multiple, highly-complex project concurrently.
- 7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Communications Industry, Project Management, etc.). 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (MS/MBA or above).
- Requires exceptional understanding of HFC and fiber systems utility-construction and design parameters, proficient in Windows-based applications (Word, Excel, Project) and Order Management System (OMS).
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, verbal and written communication skills to work effectively both internally and with HICAP customers.
- Experience in telecommunications industry
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Business, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in a Project Management role leading cross functional projects preferred.
- Prefer certification in PMP.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.