IoT Solutions Engineer
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 226054
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Cox Communications is now hiring for a IoT Solutions Engineer for its Cox2M Smart Communities team. Cox2M is a new Internet of Things (IoT) business line within Cox Communications established in 2018. Our mission is to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, giving businesses and communities the data and tools they need to improve processes, realize operational efficiencies, and deliver better experiences to customers and residents.. Youll be a vital contributor to the Smart Communities vertical, working with a dynamic group of professional intrapreneurs who are passionate about solving customer needs using disruptive technologies. Visit www.cox2m.com to learn more.
About the job:
Join a dynamic, fast paced, venture where you will become an expert on our Smart Communities product suite and provide subject matter expertise on the design and implementation of IoT solutions that span varying hardware, software, platforms, and networks for customers ranging from mixed-use developers to municipalities. This exciting role is crucial in supporting both the growth of the business as well as the identification of new solutions based on customer feedback. You will work closely with the Smart Communities Go-to-Market team on the technical designs for new opportunities, including the preparation of complex solution proposals.
Your interaction with the customer will provide invaluable insights to assist in driving the product roadmap for the Smart Communities team. You will help us manage, refine, and improve our product line, including advising on new customer needs and use-cases that should be integrated into our platform and offering. The Smart Communities approach includes developing a strong partner ecosystem, so you will also assist in identifying strategic solution partners that can help us improve existing solution or solve new use-cases. This roll will also serve as the primary interface into the Cox Business Sales Engineering department to coordinate with core Cox services where required.
Our team is a group of intrapreneurs working to solve big problems, and we have a tight-knit culture, treating each other as family. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and able to operate without constant oversight. This role is crucial in ensuring that the Smart Communities team can continue to scale commercially, meet customer needs, and deliver groundbreaking solutions all while moving at startup speeds. This position reports to the Director of Smart Communities.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Gather, develop, and translate customer requirements into solution designs that customers can understand and react to.
- Assist the Smart Communities Go-to-Market team in the development of sales and proposal content, including technical solution designs and contributing to costing and pricing of a solution.
- Become an expert in the Co2M technology stack and solution suite, their points of integration, and what tech implementation challenges may arise in each point of integration.
- Assist in identifying and vetting third party solution providers, including a technical analysis of their hardware, software, platform, or network offerings, and manage the integration of their solutions into our platform ecosystem
- Partner with the Customer Success & Support team to deliver projects on-time and within scope.
- Develop playbooks and/or process documentation to help streamline customer implementations.
- Provide input on and guide portions of the Cox2M Product Roadmap especially as it pertains to solutions that you manage and deploy.
- Coordinate product and technology troubleshooting to provide the Customer Success and Support Team with effective answers and solutions quickly.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 5 or more years of experience in product management, technical sales engineering, strategic sales, and/or product implementation.
- Adept at developing and delivering technical presentations
- Experience taking business requirements and turning them into user stories & acceptance criteria.
- Experience implementing SaaS solutions that include hardware components / sensors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Natural curiosity and tendency to question the status quo.
- Prior start-up, innovation, or product experience in a high-growth environment strongly preferred.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline desired (Engineering, Computer Science, Analytics etc.).
- Hands-on experience implementing process-changing technologies.
- Experience managing a product roadmap in an agile development environment.
- Hands-on experience with data manipulation and machine learning tools.
- Experience with Smart City / Smart Community technologies or solutions strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands