Manager Portfolio Reporting and Analysis - Cox Business
Cox Communications, Atlanta, GA 30328
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 226104
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Purpose: Provides mission-critical financial analysis and support for Cox Business (CB) Operations portfolios, including Functional Enablement and Operating Model. Typical work involves a high-level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and other reporting tools. Effective communication of financial analysis, building strong business partner relationships, and an understanding of financial processes are essential in this role. This position reports directly to the Senior Director, CB Operations PMO.
- Manages all activities related to monthly accruals across the complex CB Operations portfolio, including creating engagements in our internal tools, tracking milestones and completing accounting accrual related activities
- Completes thorough analysis of monthly financials; partners closely with the Project Managers to ensure that forecasts are correct, then compares forecasts to monthly actuals and provides variance explanations
- Monitors financial risk across all projects and provides mitigation and management recommendations
- Creates executive-level reporting to communicate monthly financials
- Guides annual capital planning activities by developing funding scenarios
- Performs client support, including pulling reports and fulfilling requests for data and proactively working with teams to drive business initiatives. Has an ability to analyze large amounts of raw data and determine key takeaways
- Works effectively on multiple assignments and projects
- Creates effective PowerPoint presentations, with the ability to clearly communicate and "tell the story"
- Performs ad-hoc analysis and develops financial models to support business leaders in making key business decisions
- Supports development and maintenance of value/business cases for CB Transformation investments
- Independently completes assignments with limited instruction
- Receives guidance as needed
- 3-5 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e., Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Financial Reporting and Planning Systems (Sage, Hyperion, Essbase, TM1).
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Advanced financial modeling and financial analysis
- Strong communication & presentation skills. Excellent knowledge and ability to create and Present PowerPoint presentations.
- Attention to detail with the ability to understand concepts and translate that into financial impacts
- Self-starter with the ability to balance multiple priorities. Experience in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating one owns work
- Ability to proactively anticipate client needs
- Willingness to learn new tools and/or reporting platforms
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Experience with Tableau and dashboard creation (i.e., data analytics & data visualization)
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.