Senior Manager Sales Cox Communities New Build
Cox Communications, Phoenix, AZ 85027
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 1550 W Deer Valley Rd, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202203073
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Senior Manager Sales Cox Communities - Account Executives
The Senior Manager Multi Dwelling Sales Account Executives is responsible for directly managing a team of Account Executives and Senior Account Executives as well as matrix managing sales support resources responsible for growing revenue, penetration and ensuring customer satisfaction. Develops, implements, and leads sales strategies to exceed revenue growth and profit objectives by minimizing exposed property risk and securing exclusive marketing rights and or bulk agreements with builders and land developers.
Cox Communities is the division of Cox that delivers solutions, value, and trust for MDU & SFU owners, managers, developers, and residents within their communities. The Cox Communities team acts as their clients trusted advisor by supporting them in reaching their business goals of optimizing rents, occupancy, and future proofing their properties.
What Youll Do
- Provide positive leadership and vision to develop a strong business to business sales culture that balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with focus on team success.
- Ensures sales team appropriately positions and builds relationships with builder and land developer C-Level officers
- Hire, develop, and manage the performance of the account team to meet targets for revenue growth, productivity, contract service requirements, quality and optimization of assigned builder and developers satisfaction
- Works with the Account Executives and Sales Director to develop account strategies and detailed plans to meet sales targets, ensure customer satisfaction, and drive efficiencies.
- Implements the corporate/regional strategy with their Account Executive teams.
- Ensures that local processes conform to all contract commitments made on behalf of Cox to each builder or developer inclusive of project design, scope of work commitments, trouble management, SLAs, and network performance requirements
- Supports the Representatives as they execute account plans and projects to increase penetration within assigned portfolios
- Drives alignment, consistency, and cohesiveness in people practices, management activities, overall performance management and customer service delivery, to achieve personnel and department goals.
- Strategically prioritizes teams sales funnel in order to achieve Monthly and Quarterly sales goals, company objectives, and customer activation deadlines.
- Remains current on all new build apartment/condominium garden style and high-rise apartment construction and single-family construction details, including technical product specifications, drop and in unit wiring requirements, and support processes and systems
- Establishes and leverages strong business partnerships across assigned regions and with Regional and Center boundary partners to maximize communication and representation to maximize effectiveness.
- Ensures appropriate staffing by effectively interviewing, hiring, coaching, disciplining, evaluating, and mentoring of Account Executives.
- Drives the team toward sales and revenue goals through coaching, monitoring and feedback sessions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert within their area of responsibility to manage all standard processes, including management of design-to-cost IRR estimate to prepare financially beneficial proposals that meet customer requirements.
- Effectively resolves complex customer complaints concerning all areas of the company in a win-win fashion by building rapport with the customer using interpersonal techniques and creative problem-solving skills
- Provides influence to help shape and change market strategies.
Whats In It For You
At Cox, we reward your hard work with meaningful benefits.
First, we offer a highly competitive compensation package (base salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance), 401(k) with a generous company match, comprehensive healthcare, life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits, including adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on travel and cars!
We value people more than technology. That means youll work within a culture and with a team that values your leadership, your experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person. We believe recognition is important, and Cox strives to celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you and feel comfortable doing so.
We also offer boundless opportunities for growth; you can sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program, even earn an advanced degree. Youll find the potential for lateral or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech and more.
Who You Are
- BS/BA highly preferred
- 7 years of experience in related field (i.e., Sales and Operations) OR MS/MA and 5 years of experience in related field. Will consider additional industry experience in lieu of degree
- Five years successful experience in C-Level sales and/or account management
- Valid drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent Windows-based PC skills, Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills are required to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Identifies and demonstrates knowledge of competition in ILEC, Wireless, Satellite and Aggregator industries.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline highly preferred (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
- 2+ Years Business to Business sales management experience
- 2+ years of experience management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
- 5+ years of experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands