Media Sales Services Specialist II - Cox Media
Cox Communications, Chesapeake, VA 23320
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Primary Location: 1341 Crossways Blvd, Chesapeake, VA, USA
Division: Cox Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 226205
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Media Sales Services Specialist II (MSSS II) assists assigned sales consultants in developing client advertising media solutions for accounts with high revenue potential, and to coordinate and troubleshoot the acquisition and fulfillment of advertising orders for those accounts.
Internal customers are primarily the Sales team but other departments as well. Work is time- and error-sensitive; failure to meet deadlines or produce accurate work results in lost revenue. The role has significant contact with external customers by phone and in person. Participates in client presentations. Participates in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours. Assigns work to others with no formal organizational authority. Note: This role may not exist in all markets.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Partners with sales consultants to build upon CNA data to prepare customized client solutions.
- Partners with sales consultants to develop a strong partnership and relationship with high revenue potential clients, agencies and/or rep firms to ensure all client needs are met.
- May support local origination channels.
- Creates quality and custom schedule proposals that reinforce our solutions selling model.
- Strategizes with sales consultants to increase revenue generation that includes up-selling as it aligns with the client solution and other opportunities available that fit within the clients goals and objectives.
- Key duties include leading the collaboration between Client Services and Sales Services to develop proposal schedules and customized solution presentation, partnering with CFCs for order entry and revision instructions, managing and troubleshooting ad copy, fulfilling make goods requests and managing client requests.
- Takes responsibility to solve complex internal / external customer problems.
- Acts as team tactical lead in markets where a sales support manager or supervisor is not present.
- Is expected, on occasion, to be involved in after-hours client events and other activities.
- IMPORTANT: Key and National Accounts are by nature more complex with added complexity in client needs. Examples include research intensive customized solutions that include more depth of products which lends to complexity in fulfillment execution and management.
Major work activities include:
- Collaborates with sales consultants to develop complex client solutions and schedules based on the client needs analysis (CNA). Solutions involve ad campaigns with multiple fulfillment avenues and complicated schedules involving a large number of channels that broadcast to multiple geographic areas.
- Develops schedule proposals in View32 based on product mix, inventory availability, rating information, and rate card information.
- Develops custom client presentations based on proposed solutions; attends and may present portions of the proposal; updates the presentation and proposed schedule based on feedback obtained at the client meeting, and completes production agreements.
- May upsell in line with client goals and objectives and previously agreed-upon client solution, especially in conjunction with makegoods.
- Coordinates all account services support activity for assigned account, including development of customized solutions.
- Ensures that ad copy is submitted to the CFC, entered into Novar per instructions, approved, and corrected if necessary; updates or troubleshoots ad copy and locates previously used spot IDs and copy media, as needed.
- Investigates pre-empted spots, submits makegood instructions based on client or sales consultant direction, and ensures that makegoods are processed correctly in Novar.
- Contacts customers to obtain information or to inform them about schedule changes; responds to customers questions, solves their schedule-related problems, and handles other client requests by phone or in person; in conjunction with sales consultants provides follow-up information and post-campaign details to clients.
- Submits digital media (online product, mobile, VOD, Interactive), GoScout, and local origination channel (LO) orders using the appropriate fulfillment processes and systems.
- Monitors key business reports to gauge the successful fulfillment of client contracts. Initiates and takes action as needed to engage sales consultants in modifications, changes, and/or client notifications needed.
- Sets up new clients/agencies in TIM and works with CFC to set them up in Novar and set up their billing.
- Coordinates and provides direction and assistance to CFCs regarding order entry and revision. May act as informal team lead when no SS Supervisor or Manager is present.
- Investigates and resolves credit holds and misapplied payments; maintains records and keeps balance on all trade accounts.
- Attends job-related training that may include refresher training, and service updates.
- Hourly pay rate is $23.32 - 29.13/hour. The hourly rate may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidates experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
- 2 or more years of experience preferred in related field (customer service, sales support, media sales, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as working knowledge of database applications
- Excellent skills in adaptability, applied learning, collaboration, delivering customer service, formal presentations, high impact communication, initiating action, problem solving and troubleshooting, quality orientation, reasoning, self-organizing, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired (sales, advertising or marketing)
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Experience as a media buyer or planner, doing advertising agency work, working in a client side marketing or public relations role, or some combination of these
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
Create the extraordinary.