Sales Engineer - Cox Business
Cox Communications, San Diego, California
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
You want more than “just a job.” You want the freedom to engage with people and nurture your desire for personal and professional development. You crave immersion in diversity and thrive in a sea of unique skills, ideas and perspectives. You want success and contentment with a strong sense of balance.
You want a career with Cox Communications.
We’re looking for a Sales Engineer I . Are we talking about you? We believe so. Keep reading to find out!
What’s In It For You?
Life moves too fast to waste time stressing over the future. With our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture, you’ll feel at ease knowing some of life’s essentials are handled. Here are some examples of what’s in store for you as an employee:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our talent is paid what they’re worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that we’ll generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- You’ll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
- Looking to grow your family? Rest assured that you’ll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and we’re happy to supply insurance for them as well.
What You’ll Do
Our clients have evolving needs, and you’ll have a hand in developing ways to meet them. You’ll play an important role in gaining customer trust as well as new business. When our clients tell you how thoroughly you’ve exceeded their expectations, you’ll smile and say “Hey, that’s what we do.”
- Partnering in the preparation and delivery of technical presentations, developing sales opportunities and driving them to closure.
- Analyzing customer requirements to understand how Cox Business products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems.
- Working with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing accounts.
- Providing consultation to potential customers on alternative technical solutions.
- Developing responses for requests for information (RFI), requests for proposal (RFP) and requests for quotes (RFQ).
- Researching and demonstrating industry knowledge and emerging technology trends.
Who You Are
There’s not an ounce of quit in you, as they say. We’re not sure who “they” are, but we know they’re right. Connection with real people is your forte. You’ve got personality. You’ve got charisma. You’ve got technical knowledge. You also have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in a related field.
- 1+ years of telecommunications experience.
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and within teams throughout the organization.
- The ability to efficiently conduct consultative analysis and provide recommendations.
- Proficiency in computer operating systems.
- A valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- 3+ years of telecommunications experience with a proven level of competence with firewalls and switches, Windows servers, active directory and backup software.
- Certification in OSI related competencies such as Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Professional programs or MEF-CECP 2.0.
- A proven level of experience with SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, SIP trunking, and virtualization / “*aaS” solutions and platforms such as DaaS, DRaaS, O365, IaaS and PaaS.
Apply with Cox today and claim the future you’ve always wanted for yourself!
- Compensation includes a base salary of $88,500.00 - $132,600.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.