Retail Sales Associate
Cox Communications, Newport News, Virginia
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
What You’ll Do
• Assist with the opening/closing of one of our store retail environments.
• Properly handle cash.
• Support inventory cycle counts, restocking, training, merchandising, and
• Support customers with product & service solutions.
• Meet or exceed targets regarding customer experience, sales and
• Engage in workshops, special events, and product demos.
• Support your fellow sales agents when needed.
• Take part in available learning and training opportunities.
What’s In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
• We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources , pet insurance and much more.
• Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology , so it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
• Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
You’re someone who loves connecting people with what they need to enjoy their lives and get their jobs done. You’re a solid communicator with a couple of years of impressive sales or customer service experience under your belt, and you may even speak solid Spanish. “Estamos lanzando un servicio genial que responde precisamente a sus necesidades….” just might be something that could roll off your tongue. But if that’s too much of a tongue twister, absolutely no worries!
Multi-tasking? You check off your To-Do list three items at a time. You know your way around the basics of using a computer and stocking inventory is no sweat.
You’ve got a big brain, and you want to cram even more into it, always open to learning and training opportunities that will help you raise your game. You’re the Match.com of sales, creating lasting connections between customers and the products or services they need to spark (and sustain) joy.
● High school diploma, GED, or relevant work experience.
● 2 or more years of experience in sales or customer service-oriented role.
● Track record of high individual performance with demonstrated financial
results in sales and retention.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products
using a consultative, solutions-based approach.
● Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team
environment while being on your feet most of the day.
● Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products,
services, and accessories.
● Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory.
● 2+ years experience preferred in Retail.
● Fluency in Spanish.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.