Advertising Operations Specialist II - Cox Media
Cox Communications, Atlanta, Georgia
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
What does this Job Sub-Family do?
Responsible for executing advertising insertion contracts from the time the order is delivered by Cox Media Sales to the time the order has expired and the client is invoiced. Responsible for accurate processing of all orders; including order acceptance, execution, validation and billing preparation. Streamlines workflow between all departments for efficiency and high contract fulfillment rate. Develops, upgrades and implements new enhancements within the Traffic and Billing system that will help achieve business goals and selling initiatives.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance of the contract through its complete cycle. Maintenance of contracts may include: contract line revisions, contract line pre-emptions and application of basic adcopy.
- Import and Activate Contracts
- Understand, process and provide effective and timely resolution for all contract revision requests
- Use pre-empt functionality as directed
- Understand and apply adcopy as directed through basic adcopy instruction
- Process next day start contracts by deadline
- File and maintain paper and electronic documents as necessary
- Runs and analyzes reports as necessary to ensure adcopy is properly assigned to contracts as well as report out to the field adcopy that is missing and required.
- Accepts traffic instructions / adcopy instructions in various formats, understand and logically apply the instructions into the traffic and billing software
- Creates efficiencies in adcopy application through expertise of all applicable software configurations
- May serve as liaison to Encoding Librarian
- Processes all adcopy instruction for next day start by deadline
- Runs and distributes adcopy reports to the field
- Manages workload to ensure balance for encoding
- Files and maintains paper and electronic documents as necessary
- Builds and maintains television programming (e.g. arrangements of breaks within a show) as directed through received programming information from licensed programming sources and local origination channels.
- Creates and maintains break structure for programming as required
- Adheres to deadlines ensuring that break scheduling occurs as required
- Continuously gains efficiencies through process for Local Networks and Interconnects
- Maintains and resolves programming discrepancies (e.g. cross-checking a network affiliate site) to ensure appropriate program structure,
- Maintains CCI advertising reservations as directed by Cox Media liaison
- Monitors and provides reports as necessary to alert sales of changes & ensuring that spot schedule is based upon inventory available.
- Runs necessary reports for monitoring contract fulfillment and distribution of reports to the field
- Uses pre-empt functionality in the system to address potential fulfillment issues as necessary
- Demonstrates skill and expertise of the Manual Schedule module within the application.
- Ensures all spots are scheduled as required and by deadline
- Initiates and monitors finalization process for potential error messages and resolve as necessary.
- Generates commercial playlist as necessary
- Completes manual reconciliation as necessary
Problem Complexity -
- Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex;
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor/manager
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques;
- Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor/manager
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area;
- Readily learns and applies new information/concept in area of practice
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience;
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required; 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility required
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Want to learn more about Cox Communications? Visit Cox Communications's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Communications Manager (Atlanta, GA or Birmingham, AL)
Southern Environmental Law Center, Atlanta, GA USA