Retail Sales Associate
Cox Communications, Bentonville, Arkansas
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
Ever stepped into a retail store and had a phenomenal customer service experience? Felt great, didn't it? How would you like to be responsible for creating those experiences? Well, we can help make that happen.
Cox Communications is looking a Retail Sales Associate who creates those experiences and someone who connects easily with others and can drive sales while making customers feel special. So, if you love to learn, then take your newfound knowledge and create mind-blowing customer satisfaction, you're right where you need to be. Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to connect customers with Cox's game-changing technology, products, and services.
This job requires you to follow the retail routine of working some evenings, weekends, and holidays. You'll also need to be comfy with reporting to your Store Manager, as well as taking guidance from the Assistant Store Manager and other team Specialists.
What You'll Do
- Explain and demonstrate product capabilities as well as offer suggestions based on customers wants and needs
- Meet or exceed targets regarding customer experience, sales and retention
- Assist with the opening/closing of one of our store retail environments
- Properly handle cash
- Engage in workshops, special events, and product demos
- Support your fellow sales agents when needed
- Continuously expands knowledge of current Cox products as well as competitor product offerings by participating in regular training classes
- May be required to work in other locations in the same geographical area.
What's In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
As part of a customer loyalty driven team, highly motivated individuals could receive a targeted annual amount of $45,983.00. This reflects the fulltime hourly base rate of at least $15.00 and target commission is $965.00 a month. There is potential to earn up to and beyond $51,162.00 annually as a high performer. Employees also receive a ramp period up to 2 months to adjust to commission earnings .
We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Coxs highly competitive pay plus uncapped commission plan and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet and other Cox discounted services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. The Cox culture is one that values people more than technology, so its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also important to work alongside colleagues who get you. At Cox, you'll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
Growth is a good thing, and you'll have opportunities to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses that will continue to challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to cultivate customer relationships in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and new forms of transportation mobility.
Who You Are
- HS diploma, GED, or relevant work experience required and some college with a focus in sales, business and/or management is a plus
- Ability to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a consultative, solutions-based approach and influence customer decisions
- Ability to build relationships and adapt to a diverse customer base
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
- Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory
- One year of experience in related field (i.e. Sales, Retail Sales, Service Industry, etc)
- Experience selling Wireless/Mobile products
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and spoken
Come join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.