Enterprise Sales Manager - Cox Business
Cox Communications, San Diego, California
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services.
The Cox Business Enterprise Sales Manager leads an assigned outside sales team to achieve Cox Business sales goals. Hires, trains, and coaches outside sales and/or retention representatives in the assigned market to ensure that corporate sales and retention strategies are followed and goals are achieved.
The position works in an office setting and assists with customer acquisition, growth, and retention. The role is a key part of a successful and high accountability sales organization. The use of a personal vehicle to travel to customers’ locations within the system is an expectation of the role.
The Cox Communications Difference
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents and grow your career. We value collaboration – ideas and input are always welcome – we are looking for talented individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us.
To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers:
- Competitive base with uncapped earning potential!
- Winners Circle and other awards – we celebrate success!
- FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services (in applicable markets)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
- Retirement Benefits including 401(K)(Match)
- Work-life balance, including generous time-off policies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mentoring and training programs
- Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
- Career advancement across more than 300 businesses in the Cox Enterprises portfolio
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Essential functions of the role include leadership, planning, communication, administration, and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
- Develops a professional sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with a focus on team success.
- Hires and builds a sales team that has the ability and resources to achieve sales and retention goals.
- Coaches, develops, and manages the performance of the outside sales team to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets for revenue growth, service, productivity, quality, and optimization of customer satisfaction within assigned area. Ensures that each Sales Representative is using a consistent sales approach and uncovering the needs of each customer to ensure the Cox Vision and Trusted Provider focus.
- Serves as a subject matter expert or advisor on selected customer sales and handles issues escalated by team members.
- Collaborates with CB Marketing Manager to assure that effective planning and coordination between CB Sales and the overall marketing objectives of Cox is maintained.
- Facilitates segment-specific strategic planning to maximize market share and revenue and maximize the potential of the team’s account lists. Assigns accounts to appropriate sales channels, and within inside sales, assigns account representatives with consideration to share growth, cost of sale, and client potential.
- Assigns sales goals (quotas plus key sales objectives) and other defined sales metrics for outside sales representatives, based on corporate/regional sales goals for each market.
- Develops appropriate territory structures for geographical and/or vertical markets.
- Develops account forecasts and manages sales team to achieve maximum revenue while maintaining profitability.
- Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the local system, and across systems. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
- Leads sales team meetings to coordinate sales efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
- Works with the Manager of Inside Sales to ensure customer leads received from their direct reports are passed to the outside sales representative as appropriate.
- Coordinates and maintains effective working relationships with other Cox Business and Cox Communications departments to ensure high-quality customer service.
- Reviews and approves sales presentations, ROI assessments, commission reports, and other reports developed by outside sales representatives within his/her approval authority.
- Prepares regular expense reports and controls expenses while meeting or exceeding corporate revenue goals and maximizing product margin.
- Ensures that direct deports update all required customer information in a timely fashion.
- Attends job-related training and informally remains current on technical information regarding Cox’s telephony, data, and video products and offerings, and sales through completion of required/recommended training program.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Cox’s presence; e.g., promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if the candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 5 years experience in business-to-business consultative sales
- Requires 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in building relationships, building the sales team, business sales skills, champions adaptability, coaches and develops, oral communication, demonstrates business acumen, business advisory skills, business sales skills, continuous learning, making sales operations decisions, PC skills, and promotes accountability in order to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred; enterprise sales management and strategic planning experience preferred
- 3 years experience in communications sales
- Experience in the telecommunications industry desired
- Experience with cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of the local market
- Experience compiling, preparing, and submitting bid responses to RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs
- Compensation includes a base salary of $124,700.00 - $187,000.00. The salary rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That’s a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you’re interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.