Account Executive - Media Sales
Cox Enterprises, Dayton, OH 45409
Work at Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: 1611 S Main St, Dayton, OH, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 217835
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Position with strong sales and customer service skills, acumen for business development, proven success with cold calling/outbound sales and a strong emphasis on solution base selling.
Cox First Medias brands - the Dayton Daily News, Dayton.com, Journal-News and Springfield News-Sun - are the leading sources for local, in-depth print and digital news. Our digital brands reach 10 million visitors every month.
The Media Consultant is responsible for developing existing and new client relationships. This role will work primarily with traditional advertising clients as well as HR recruiting professionals to develop advertising campaigns to meet their specific needs. The Media Consultant will report directly to a Regional Sales Manager.
This position will be a base salary plus commission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and grow opportunities for new business, reactivating inactive accounts and growing existing business.
- Conduct research to identify clients with advertising needs
- Design and implement strategies useful in the creation of effective marketing solutions using newspaper and digital product mix
- Contact clients through calls and meetings to discuss advertising opportunities, present proposals, and discuss creative plans for their advertising campaigns
- Work with internal support staff to implement client advertising campaigns
- Participate in conferences/meetings/networking events to improve job knowledge and increase contact network
- Responsible for reaching monthly core and digital goals.
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong sales skills required
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Contract negotiation skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasker, and teamwork capabilities
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong digital apptitude
Education & Business Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of sales experience preferred
- Media sales experience a plus
- Recruitment/staffing experience a plus
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands