Corporate Communications Manager
Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202105866
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Cox Enterprises Corporate Communications and Corporate Affairs teams are looking for a dynamic Corporate Communications Manager to serve our employee base and business communications partners, with a focus on supporting our HR teams and programs. Your job will be to help develop and manage large-scale internal communication strategies, support our functions and work with our different business divisions. Were a company that leads by example and this role will be no different.
From our origins as a single Dayton, Ohio newspaper in 1898 to todays $21 billion a year corporation with multiple business divisions, the Cox Enterprises journey is one of change, innovation and the hard work and dedication of more than 50,000 employees around the world.
Youll provide internal communications counsel and hands-on execution to support our HR programs and teams. Youll leverage a broad range of internal communications and project management skills to establish a trusted advisor relationship with your partners. These include strategic thinking and flawless operational and tactical execution. Is this a fast-paced environment? Yes. Is this a role for a person who enjoys working with people? Absolutely. This position will partner with our in-house creative, content, Public Relation teams as well as communications teams across Coxs businesses and locations around the world. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Corporate Communications.
- Develop detailed plans and strategies specific to our people solutions/HR programs that inform employees, inspires them to change behavior and provides them with messaging and other tools to communicate with customers, stakeholders, and members of the community.
- Collaborate and provide strategic counsel, expertise, consultation, and guidance to assigned departments.
- Partner with the Content and Channels, Executive, Public Relation and Creative Studio teams to develop content as needed, including videos, presentations, branding, articles, key messages and toolkits.
- Build and maintain internal relationships within Corporate Communications and Corporate Affairs team, division communicators and stakeholders across Cox Enterprises.
- Submit well-written creative briefs to initiate and manage projects with our in-house Creative Studio.
- Supervise employees, freelance contractors, and outside vendors, including external printers, writers and others.
- Continuously measure the effectiveness of internal communications strategies and introduce best-practices and new tactics as necessary.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- At least 10+ years of professional experience in a strategic internal communications role, preferably in a Cox company or with a holding/parent company.
- Experience managing and leading team members.
- Candidate must possess knowledge and understanding of communication campaign development and execution. Experience working in the HR space, or an agency setting is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline such as Journalism, Communications, English or Marketing.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple companies and teams.
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous communications programs that require both strategic thinking as well as high-speed tactical execution.
- Strong influencing skills — enjoy leading brainstorms and project kickoffs.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills and project management skills required.
- Ability to execute with speed, high level of accuracy and efficiency, attention to detail and follow through.
- Creative problem-solver; implements sound judgment knowing when to make independent decisions and when to collaborate.
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
Create the extraordinary.