Digital Media Strategist - SEM/Paid Search
Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: 7000 Central Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 223064
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The CoxNext SEM Media Strategist position will manage various advanced digital platforms to drive media strategies. This person will run point for strategic pre-planning, campaign architecture, onboarding and post campaign insights for their assigned platforms. This person will be an analytical thinker and flexible team player with an understanding of search engine marketing to join our paid media team. Applicant will have an opportunity to help grow a full-service digital marketing company specializing in branding, traffic acquisition, and conversion optimization.
- Actively implement and manage paid search to the clients weekly, monthly and quarterly budget goals.
- Maintain high levels of current knowledge of best practices and strategies in the management of online paid media.
- Develop media campaign strategies to align with client KPIs.
- Ensure campaign architecture aligns with client campaign goals.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of key client information including general business strategy, industry topics, products and services offered, key customers and competitors in the marketplace.
- Establish projections and estimates based on varying budgets, scenarios or goals - for both existing clients and potential clients
- Onboard campaigns and follow QA process.
- Formulate campaign strategies, researching keywords & potential marketing channels, analyzing competitors, and testing.
- Ongoing account optimization, including structure and targeting improvements (geo, targeting, day-parting, and URL).
- Analyze and use data to A/B test and make informed decisions across all dimensions.
- Develop and create quarterly business reviews which outlines performance, insights from testing, and key strategic opportunities. Communicate performance results and strategy recommendations to the sales & secure buy-in from decision makers.
- Utilize analytics and attribution tools to develop insights and action items intended to improve performance and meet client KPIs including but not limited to Campaign Manager, Google Analytics, and platform reporting.
- Maintain certifications relevant to line of business.
- Day to day platform point of contact for vendor, finance and sales collaboration
- Acts as a subject matter expert on campaign best practices and industry updates.
- Acts as a gate-keeper in identifying red flags and recommending proactive solutions to mitigate risk. Resolve platform and campaign issues pro-actively and expediently; work cross departmentally for issue resolution when needed.
- Attend internal sales and client calls as needed
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Economics, or Related Field.
- Experience with CTR, CPC, CPA or ROI goals
- Google Ads, Bing, Google Analytics Certification Preferred
- IAB certification preferred
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
- Experience with Campaign Manager
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong teamwork, communication and brain-storming
- Good troubleshooting skills and a love of solving problems
- Ability to adapt quickly and seamlessly in an ever-changing environment
Yrs & Type of Experience
- 2+ years of experience managing client advertising for another website or digital business. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience managing pay-per-click (PPC/SEM) campaigns.
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands