Executive Producer News Podcasts
Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: 7000 Central Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Requisition Number: 224871
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a leading media voice in the south with a rich journalism history is looking to heavily expand on its stable of podcasts that include its award-winning "Breakdown," and become the leader in audio and podcasting in Atlanta.
We are seeking a talented audio journalist and entrepreneurial content leader to develop an expanded portfolio of compelling news podcasts and successful consumer audio offerings.
The Executive Producer News Podcasts will lead and be involved in all aspects of news and information podcast production. Duties will include leading the AJCs new daily flagship podcast. This person will be tasked with helping to create shows format, producing, and possibly hosting. Other duties could include the gathering of original audio in the field, editing, sound design and leading other special documentary projects. This person will also help create a culture of fun, team-oriented, inclusive culture around the creation of audio.
The Executive Producer News Podcasts will also coach colleagues on audio best practices and try out new ideas and innovative techniques that AJC teams should be embracing. They will ensure a consistent, high-quality audio experience that reflects the high standards of the Atlanta Journal-Constitutions award-winning journalism. This person must be technically skilled, self-directed, highly motivated, detail-oriented, structured, innovative and display an incredible work ethic. This role will report to the Audio & Podcast Program Manager.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution serves a growing, vibrant and diverse metro area in one of the countrys most politically important states. If you believe in the power of professional journalism to shape a better society and more informed citizenry and want to join a team that is ensuring this mission lasts well into the future, please consider applying.
Please note this person must sit in Atlanta, GA but will not be required to be in the office every day.
In this position you will:
- Work with leaders to implement audio and podcast growth strategies (including development of new podcasts) resulting in increased listeners, downloads, and subscriptions
- Develop, produce, and potentially host daily flagship news podcast
- Help lead new documentary projects
- Create a compelling AJC Alexa Briefing
- Produce and edit AJC podcasts from start to finish
- Provide quality sound design, including enhancing individual audio tracks
- Write metadata for each podcasts, including attaching images as needed
- Upload podcast to iTunes and other podcast platforms
- Create consistency across all AJC podcasts so that they have the same quality sound, production, editing that is seamless under one brand.
- Work directly with senior editors, reporters and producers to develop podcast ideas and production schedule
- Execute a consistent set of standards for the Atlanta Journal-Constitutions audio products and experience
- Have fun and do good work.
**Please include demo reel with application!
What we expect you to have to be ready:
- Bachelors degree preferred, also prefer degree to be in communications/technology
- 5+ years professional work experience in audio journalism
- Experience working with podcasting, digital, and social media platforms
- Experience with audio editing, engineering or other aspects of production
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business of podcasting
- Proficiency in audio design and audio mixing
- Strong verbal, written skills and presentation skills
- Must be willing and able to work nights and weekends as needed
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.