Senior Manager, Subscriber Growth
Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: 7000 Central Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 225341
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
POSITION SUMMARY: Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve subscriber sales, volume, and consumer revenue objectives for The Atlanta journal-Constitution. Market through current and new marketing channels like AJC.com, email, social media, SEM, programmatic and other emerging digital marketing methods. Other sales channels include direct mail, newspaper inserts/stick it notes, phone operations and incumbent might utilize all or some of these marketing methods based on assignment and in collaboration with other members of the sales team and other business units.
- Leads development of sales plans and is accountable for their attainment. Develops promotional calendars and offer/rate structures that align with short- and long-term subscriber growth & revenue goals.
- Ensures subscription modals on AJC.com and other O&O products are fully optimized to drive conversions. Optimizes offers, presentations, form fields, checkout flows and payment methods to maximize sales.
- Leads strategic implementation of paid external campaigns including SEM, social, programmatic, and retargeting efforts. Ensures investments deliver satisfactory performance and ROI.
- Efficiently utilizes internal email lists to drive subscription and revenue growth. Optimizes deployment cadence, messaging, design and offer to maximize conversions.
- Drives growth through other sales channels including live events, partnerships, and non-digital direct response campaigns.
- Ensures rate structure is customer centric and seamlessly transitions new subscribers from introductory rates to targeted long term monthly payments.
- Executes disciplined test and learn experiments. Adopts new sales formulas accordingly.
- Provides creative direction based on experimentation.
- Utilizes top producing assets as control pieces, and tests iterations against them for continual optimization.
- Proactively monitors growth KPIs including website traffic, sales conversion, content consumption, gateway metrics and retention.
- Discovers and surfaces insights that inform acquisition and lead generation strategies.
- Accurately forecasts sales, reacts quickly to indicators and takes corrective action when sales are not meeting expectations.
- Identifies and expeditiously acts on non-traditional revenue opportunities like merchandise and special edition sales within a time sensitive schedule.
KEY DUTIES AND TASKS:
Develop action plans to achieve revenue and volume budgets. Build supporting sales and expense plans. Independently analyze, forecast and act to favorably impact performance trends. Constantly optimize performance by implementing statistically valid testing to evaluate current against new sales and marketing formulas. Evaluate channel and FOD mix and make strategic recommendations to achieve performance targets. Utilize ROI analysis to guide implementation of current and new sales initiatives. Effectively collaborate with leadership to guide and implement strategic direction.
Sales Performance Management-
Establish KPIs to track and achieve sales performance, cost per order, payment method, retention, revenue, profitability and digital activation. Report on these metrics weekly and monthly as needed.
Manage and track the efficient and timely implementation of assigned programs. Productively collaborate with support groups in target selection, collateral design, brand guidelines, campaign deployment, data entry and performance tracking. Ensures accurate and prompt payment for services and tracks expenses to maximize assigned budget.
Other - Stay abreast of industry best practices to procure constant improvement of sales campaigns and the discovery of new and innovative programs. Stay current on postal requirements and channel specific national, state and local laws to include Do Not Mail and Do Not Call regulations.
- BBA in Marketing or closely related field required.
- 10+years of proven success in multi-channel Digital Marketing field is preferred. Experience in account management, creative development, production and agency partnerships.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in subscription or membership growth field.
- Current knowledge of industry issues, trends, regulatory requirements and compliance practices. Experience with benchmarking and development of best practices required.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing practices, particularly on a subscription-based business model.
- Ability to excel in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
- Show relentless passion to achieve results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to identify opportunities and act quickly to take advantage of them.
Marketing - Designers, copy writers, managers and executive staff.
Product- Tech stack, Product experience, Content consumption patterns.
Editorial - Managers and general staff.
Audience - Executives, directors, managers and other staff as required.
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands