Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, Georgia
Work at Cox Enterprises
Writing is the ultimate exercise for the creative mind. Take what you're reading right now, for example. It's entertaining (so far), right? Have you ever seen a job description written like this? We're guessing you haven't and here you are, still reading it. That's the power of good copy, if we do say so ourselves.
At Cox Enterprises, we're looking for a Senior Copywriter to join the Ideabar team (our in-house creative agency) and produce words that intrigue and inspire. Whether you're crafting concepts for an advertising campaign or guiding content strategy for a website build, you'll take your creativity and imagination for a spin every day.
What's In It For You?
We're glad you asked, because we love our answer and think you will too. Here's a little taste of our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our talent is paid what they're worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that well generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- You'll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
- Looking to grow your family? Rest assured you'll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither and were happy to supply insurance for them as well.
Believe it or not, there's even more than that! We have a veritable smorgasbord of benefits at Cox, giving you the freedom to pick and choose what works best for you and your family.
What You'll Do
You'll be working primarily with Cox Automotive, where you'll own the brand voice and use your scribe skills to accurately reflect products and services messages. Here's a look at how you'll spend your day:
- Translating strategy into concepts in unexpected ways.
- Presenting creative content to clients from rough concepts to finished work.
- Participating in brand discussions with clients on development of strategic plans.
- Developing scripts and concepts for TV and video production.
- Working with internal clients to create content for large automotive audiences.
- Keeping up to date on research and trends in the online automotive marketing space.
- Developing creative strategy and writing effective creative briefs.
- Performing well in a team environment and under tight deadlines.
- Creating engaging content and copy for print and multimedia collateral.
- Developing compelling content for B2B and internal audiences.
- Building excellent working relationships with clients.
Who You Are
We've established that you're a great creative. You're also a collaborator who accepts feedback, meets deadlines and is committed to excellent work. Having a bit of car knowledge wouldn't hurt, either. In addition to your impressive portfolio, you have the following credentials:
- A BA, BFA or similar.
- 8+ years of experience working in an advertising agency or in-house creative department.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort presenting to senior management.
- Expert in both long and short form advertising and marketing communications.
- Proven ability to work on multiple ongoing projects.
- Strong command of Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- Previous experience in the automotive industry is a plus.
- A demonstrated understanding of online media and/or retail automotive is preferred.
Obviously, someone wrote the words you're reading right now. Take it from this fellow writer: Cox is an amazing place to work. Apply today!
**Please provide a portfolio link**
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
Create the extraordinary.