Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202202723
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
Writing is the ultimate exercise for the creative mind. Take what youre reading right now, for example. Its entertaining (so far), right? Have you ever seen a job description written like this? Were guessing you havent - and here you are, still reading it. Thats the power of good copy, if we do say so ourselves.
At Cox Enterprises, were looking for a Senior Copywriter to join the Ideabar team (our in-house creative agency) and produce words that intrigue and inspire. Whether youre crafting concepts for an advertising campaign or guiding content strategy for a website build, youll take your creativity and imagination for a spin every day.
Whats In It For You?
Were glad you asked, because we love our answer and think you will too. Heres a little taste of our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture:
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work, and we respect that. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- Our talent is paid what theyre worth with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- We help you prepare for the future with a 401(k) (that well generously match), life insurance and disability insurance.
- Youll enjoy a generous suite of healthcare benefits with various deductible options, along with pharmacy benefits, Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account options, counseling for mental wellness and more.
- Looking to grow your family? Rest assured youll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- Our employees enjoy discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Continuing education and professional development are important, and at Cox we offer both.
- We all love our pets—whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither—and were happy to supply insurance for them as well.
Believe it or not, theres even more than that! We have a veritable smorgasbord of benefits at Cox, giving you the freedom to pick and choose what works best for you and your family.
What Youll Do
Youll be working primarily with Cox Automotive, where youll own the brand voice and use your scribe skills to accurately reflect products and services messages. Heres a look at how youll spend your day:
- Translating strategy into concepts in unexpected ways.
- Presenting creative content to clients from rough concepts to finished work.
- Participating in brand discussions with clients on development of strategic plans.
- Developing scripts and concepts for TV and video production.
- Working with internal clients to create content for large automotive audiences.
- Keeping up to date on research and trends in the online automotive marketing space.
- Developing creative strategy and writing effective creative briefs.
- Performing well in a team environment and under tight deadlines.
- Creating engaging content and copy for print and multimedia collateral.
- Developing compelling content for B2B and internal audiences.
- Building excellent working relationships with clients.
Who You Are
Weve established that youre a great creative. Youre also a collaborator who accepts feedback, meets deadlines and is committed to excellent work. Having a bit of car knowledge wouldnt hurt, either. In addition to your impressive portfolio, you have the following credentials:
- A BA, BFA or similar.
- 8+ years of experience working in an advertising agency or in-house creative department.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort presenting to senior management.
- Expert in both long and short form advertising and marketing communications.
- Proven ability to work on multiple ongoing projects.
- Strong command of Microsoft Word and Power Point.
- Previous experience in the automotive industry is a plus.
- A demonstrated understanding of online media and/or retail automotive is preferred.
Obviously, someone wrote the words youre reading right now. Take it from this fellow writer: Cox is an amazing place to work. Apply today!
**Please provide a portfolio link**
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands