Manager, Public Relations & Public Affairs
Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 225535
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
At Cox Enterprises, we are inspired and motivated by the companys purpose: To Empower People Today to Build a Better Future for the Next Generation. That means putting our employees first, delivering excellent products and services to our customers through our three business divisions - Cox Communications, Cox Automotive, and Cox Media Group - and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Our Corporate Communications team plays a critical role in sharing and evolving the special culture and values of our private, family-owned, 124-year-old company. We work together every day to deliver strategic information to our employees and communities, cover whats happening across our global footprint, protect the companys reputation, enhance its brand visibility and connect with people across our social and digital channels.
As our $20 billion company moves into a new era, were reimagining the way we communicate. Its an exciting time as we embrace change and push ourselves to think differently. Each person on our team has an important role to play - and were looking for an experienced, resourceful, hands-on go-getter to help us along the way.
The PR & Public Affairs Manager will work closely with the Director to dream up and deliver impactful programs to drive Cox Enterprises corporate reputation. This role will be instrumental in positioning our company as an Employer of Choice, Premier Investor, and Community Partner. Were seeking a thoughtful activator with a positive, can-do attitude who can help us take a fresh approach to this important work while honoring the unique legacy and navigating the infrastructure of a powerful, fourth-generation company on the move.
- Campaigns: Develop and execute integrated communications campaigns that support our strategic initiatives. Work with internal and external partners to plan PR/PA activations that grow our brand profile.
- PR management and messaging: Develop press releases, messaging, quotes, and other materials that convey a clear message and resonate in meaningful ways. Work with Cox executives to create materials and prepare speakers for media interactions and speaking engagements.
- Media relations: Proactively reach out to media contacts to pitch thought leadership pieces, executive profiles, and business PR. Respond to media requests and manage press engagements and announcements, and manage the PR agency of record.
- Public Affairs: Assist with the development and execution of Coxs local Atlanta/Georgia public affairs strategy to enhance the companys reputation, work with partner and community organizations and support related campaigns.
- Research: Seek out and regularly interview a roster of internal sources to tell the story behind our business, strategic programs and connect to broader market trends and world affairs.
- Writing: Transition seamlessly between writing for leaders, media, and internal channels.
- Brand engagement: Engage employees, advocates, partners, community members, and influencers to help amplify Coxs presence and foster meaningful connections.
- Crisis communications: Prepare crisis response plans, in collaboration with the divisions, legal and other partners. Work with partners and across teams to assess reputational risks and develop thoughtful recommendations and reports.
- Collaboration: Partner with the broader Corporate Comms team to support a variety of projects, as needed, reflecting the Cox spirit and culture. Partner across Coxs divisions - Cox Communications, Cox Automotive, and Cox Media Group - to share insights and best practices.
- Creative management: Partner with our Creative Studio team to ensure visual content like videos and graphics are fun, engaging, and innovative.
- Metrics: Bring a strong understanding of measurement. You must be able to assign and track necessary KPIs to your work and be comfortable reporting back to leadership on a regular cadence.
- Project management: Track timelines and deliverables to ensure projects run on schedule and within budget.
- Vendor management: Oversee third-party vendors, including external consultants, agencies, designers, printers, and freelancers, and associated budgets to ensure we use their services strategically and cost-effectively.
- Speed & agility: Work at a fast pace and on tight deadlines. Some days, you may have a "drop everything" moment where you need to shift priorities to support unexpected needs.
- Innovation: Dont be afraid to color outside the lines. Were looking to test out new ideas, and we want your input to improve our work and impact.
- 5-10+ years of experience in public relations, social media, and/or corporate communications
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field
- Experience pitching media and executing PR/social campaigns
- Strategic thinker and team player
- Able to manage time, budgets, and vendors, while juggling multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal skills required (samples requested)
- Competency in MS Office (especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
Visit us at coxenterprises.com or follow us at @CoxEnterprises on Twitter and Instagram. #LifeAtCox
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands