Technical Product Manager, Publishing Tools
Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: 7000 Central Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 225870
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is seeking a Technical Product Manager, Publishing Tools. As the Technical Product Manager for Publishing Tools, you will be the primary owner for the tools involved in digital content production and delivery, including our content management system (including photos and video), our email marketing system, and our audio and podcast technology.
You will be responsible for ongoing training of newsroom staff on our digital tools. You will also manage the relationship with our software service providers, including monitoring the health and stability of the platform, advocating for product and feature enhancements, monitoring and communication of issue resolution, and budget management. This individual will partner with internal stakeholders to provide a clear vision for how we use our tools to execute our strategy, maintain the integrity and security of our data, and use technology to support content innovation.
How We Work
We are focused on building great consumer experiences to keep our community connected and informed. We expect each member of our team to constantly keep our readers top of mind, and to innovate how to deliver the most engaging news and experiences on all platforms.
We all work cooperatively within cross-functional teams and across departments and use our expertise to guide and support our teammates in service of the AJCs overall mission.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the content management system (CMS)
- Act as relationship manager with software service providers like Arc and Iterable
- Train new employees how to use the new CMS as needed
- Collaborate with journalists and editors to embrace storytelling opportunities across AJC platforms using our digital publishing tools
- Support rapid delivery of strategic priorities and stakeholder requests
- Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact to facilitate collaboration and ensure alignment
- Showcase subject matter expertise in the management of publishing tools, which includes detailed reference documentation
- Exhibit strong analytical and communication skills
- Act as the point person to contact for enterprise system issues.
- 5+ years of experience in digital media with an emphasis in digital publishing (web, social, video, audio, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience working in a newsroom preferred
- 3+ years of experience working analytics tools, like Google Analytics 360
- Experience with content management systems and/or email marketing systems
- Experience using or creating digital tools in a fast-paced news environment
- Experience working with digital products
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate information - both written and verbal - to multiple audience types
- Ability to quickly shift between responsibilities that demand longer term strategic vision and immediate tactical decisions/work
- Experience working as a Product Manager in an Agile software development environment and overseeing multiple products
- Active in local community professional groups focused on supporting the development of Product Managers and Journalism (INMA, AMA, ONA, Product Camp ATL, etc.)
- Proficiency in working in a fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis
- Proficiency in communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization
- Proficiency in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Additional experience, skills and qualifications may qualify an applicant for a Sr. Technical Product Manager role.
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.