Cox Enterprises, Atlanta, GA 30328
Work at Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: 7000 Central Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 225888
At Cox, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we’re looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive, communications, the environment and more.
We want to do everything we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will of course be considered.
Keep reading to learn more about this opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a leading media voice in the south with a rich journalism history, is seeking a Product Manager to join our growing digital consumer product team.
Members of our product team are expected to earn the respect of their colleagues and wield broad influence over the future of our digital consumer products and experience. They do this by becoming strong evangelists for our digital strategy; identifying opportunities to bring value to consumers and clients through discovery activities; crafting a vision and roadmap that aligns to strategic initiatives; and collaborating with cross-functional teams from across the organization.
As a Product Manager, you will articulate a vision for your part of our consumer product portfolio, develop and socialize go-to-market strategies, and continuously look for the next opportunity to add value for our subscribers and earn loyalty from new audiences. You will help oversee execution of the roadmap in an agile development environment and work with product owners, designers, and developers to iterate as additional research, testing, and discovery activities are performed.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution serves a growing, vibrant and diverse metro area in one of the countrys most politically important states. If you believe in the power of professional journalism to shape a better society and more informed citizenry and want to join a team that is ensuring this mission lasts well into the future, please consider applying.
Please note this person must sit in Atlanta, GA.
In this position you will:
- Assess product performance against KPIs and make corrections to improve performance
- Partner closely with UX, market research, sales, and business stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of consumers, clients, and the competitive landscape.
- Translate stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables
- Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining, and working to stakeholder engagement strategies
- Act as SME for product lines and supports various stakeholder requests throughout product lifecycle
- Thoughtfully create and deliver data and information to influence key constituents
- Make end-of-life recommendations for non-performant products
- Prioritize product requirements and work with product owners as well as stakeholders to prioritize the backlog
- Manage feature creation, identify business rules and business impact
- You will need to lead through influence rather than authority.
- Involve Product Owners to ensure delivery team is aligned to feature acceptance criteria and the why
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment across products
What we expect you to have to be ready:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience in product management be substituted
- Minimum of 5+ years in product management, software development, or a related field
- Experience managing subscription-based or other revenue-generating consumer products preferred
- Experience working with digital products and platforms
- Strong verbal, written skills and presentation skills
- Understanding of mobile app development process and launches
- Familiarity with online video processes and player design
- Experience defining products tied to Content Management Systems
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Understanding of responsive design, mobile web sites, SEO, and social media
Preferred Experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience working for media organizations
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
About Cox Enterprises
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands