Senior Manager, Solutions Engineering - RapidScale
Cox Communications, , TX, United States
Work at Cox Communications
Salary: USD 127,800.00 - 213,000.00 per year
RapidScale currently has an opportunity for career-minded technical professionals! We're looking for a Senior Manager of Solutions Engineering to support our growing Solutions Engineering organization and product set. The individual in this role is responsible for leading and motivating a team of technical sales professionals to meet or exceed performance goals. They will provide support and coaching to their staff to meet customers' current and emerging cloud needs. This will include supporting sales' acquisition of new customers and increasing account penetration of existing customer base by delivering innovative technical designs. Target customers include mid-tier to low-enterprise businesses, including accounts in all verticals (healthcare, finance, education, legal, manufacturing, etc.).
This individual will also be responsible for direct interaction with customers and prospects in larger, strategic opportunities and key accounts, and will serve as an executive sponsor taking a hands-on role directing and assisting SE team members in discovery and presentation meetings, internal sales strategy planning sessions, RFP responses, etc.
Further, this individual will have responsibilities related to Product development, process improvement, deal review and approvals, leading training sessions, and generally representing the team and RapidScale as a whole at industry conferences and events.
- Hires, develops, manages, and trains a high performing team of technology professionals.
- Motivates and coaches staff to achieve department and company goals.
- Develops and ensures attainment of new sales and margin growth for strategic accounts by increasing revenue to meet or exceed market share objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Engages with clients as a subject matter expert, fully conversant with RapidScale products and services and, equally, with the competition.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation and presentation of technical proposals to customers and provides leadership and technical guidance to staff.
- Provides technical guidance to Solutions Engineers as well as internal and external customers as needed in the development and implementation of technical customer solutions
- Develops team strategy, forecasting, reporting, analysis, financial forecasting and administration of sales channel. Assigns territories, customer sales opportunities and sales goals to technical sales professionals.
- Accompanies team on sales visits as a leader to ensure consistent as well as determine customer requirements, develops proposals and executes technical presentations.
- Review proposals created by Solutions Engineers and provide necessary input and guidance.
- Participate in the quote approval process (aka: Technical Review) and provide final technical approval of quotes.
- Develop and continue to mature documentation, training, workflow/approval processes and demo environments used by the SE team.
- Understands the core solution portfolio and provides input and direction to Product to continue development of solutions.
- Drives creative and custom technology solutions for clients based on client business and technology needs.
- Identifies and promotes product integration opportunities, finding ways to integrate installed products with adjacent RapidScale / Cox and/or competitor products.
- Serves as 'voice of the customer', providing advice and insight to influence product design and development considerations.
- Remains up-to-speed on technical information regarding RapidScale's products and offerings as well as consultative sales skills.
- Participates in / delivers Webinars and other speaking engagements as needed.
- Develops reporting on key performance indicators for overall team.
- Participates as a leader in automation and other operational efforts to improve internal processes from a pre-sales perspective (e.g.: improving data gathering and turnover from pre-sales to implementation teams).
- Developing and delivering product, technical, and sales training to the SE team, sales team, and partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of supporting Information Technology managed services experience with a BA/BS in related field.
- 3+ years Sales Engineer management/leadership or IT Manager/Director level experience
- Strong background in IT fundamentals: Extensive experience with cloud infrastructure, security, hosting.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and build relationships with C-level executives
- Technical knowledge of product life-cycle (from engineering through operations)
- Operational understanding of ordering, provisioning, and billing processes
- Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously.
- Interact with cross-functional teams including Sales, Product, Marketing, Service Delivery, Support, Billing, and Software Development.
USD 127,800.00 - 213,000.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Creative Jobs For You
Inside Sales Business Development Executive - Cox Business
Cox Communications, Chesapeake, VA, United States