Manheim, Bordentown, NJ, United States
Work at Manheim
The Manager, Marketing at a Manheim location builds strategy and develops marketing plans based on the needs of the business for their locations. Together, with their team, this position implements those plans and tracks success.
This position manages a marketing team at the auction and leads the team in partnership with Corporate Marketing, Field Marketing, and auction leadership to ensure local marketing strategy and efforts align with corporate and location goals and supports the broader strategy and needs of the region.
This position is based at 730 Route 68, Bordentown, NJ but will have expectations to travel to 100 Route 46, Fairfield, NJ periodically, throughout the year.
What You'll Do:
- Functions as a member of the location's leadership team, providing functional guidance and expertise in all aspects of marketing
- Manages, mentors and develops direct reports to align with the future vision of marketing
- Works in partnership with Field Marketing Director, corporate marketing, field sales, and auction leadership to develop overall strategy to align to corporate and location goals and objectives
- Reports results and ROI of weekly marketing efforts to auction leadership and Field Marketing Director
- Partners with finance counterpart to develop and effectively manage marketing budget and ensures marketing plans are delivered within budget
- Partners with corporate design team to coordinate creative needs for auction campaigns.
- Visibly demonstrates safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Works in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Sets an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures related to employee and client conduct.
- Travels as required by corporate and auction leadership
- Assists with cross marketing efforts at sister auctions when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by auction leadership and corporate marketing.
What's In It For You?
Cox is pleased to offer a comprehensive selection of benefits for employees and their family members. Our comprehensive medical plan rates are, on average, 35% lower than those of other large employers. You do great work for us, so It's only fair we offer you incentives that inspire you to live your best life.
- You'll be rewarded with highly competitive pay , plus other compensation perks you've come to expect (e.g., 401k + company match, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.) and others you may not (e.g., flexible time off policy, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, Adoption assistance and comprehensive fertility coverage, pet insurance and more...)
- Work/Life Balance. Job flexibility is central to our culture because team members have different working styles and important stuff going on outside the office, too.
- Smart and creative colleagues, plus ongoing learning opportunities. You'll have the tools and team you need to do your job well without a lot of red tape. Plus, we know how important it is for you to stay brushed up on your financial knowledge and skills, so we invest in your ongoing training along the way to make sure you have what need to help you along your career path.
- Boundless career opportunities for lateral and upward movement across a high-performing enterprise spanning diverse industries. You'll have the chance to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities across the Cox family of businesses.
Who You Are/Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 6 years of marketing experience including strategy, campaign development and execution, including email marketing, CRM, social media, event planning, and advertising. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 4 years' experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year experience in a related field; or 10 years' experience in a related field.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Strong MS Office and fundamental graphic arts knowledge with Adobe.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing work environment.
- Degree in marketing, business, or advertising strongly desired.
- Previous experience in the auto industry.
- Occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions as well as noise, dust, and fumes in auction lanes.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!!
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Creative Jobs For You
Advertising and Analytics Specialist
Center for Academic Innovation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI USA
Associate Professor of the Practice, Advertising (Copywriting)
Boston University College of Communication, Boston MA