Instructional Content Designer - Tech Content
Creative Circle, Toronto, ON, CA
Work at Creative Circle
Location: WFH during Covid-19
Starts: March 1st
Duration: 10+ months
Rate: Up to $48/hour DOE
Our client is looking for an Instructional Content Designer who has an understanding of technical content, specifically SDK or APIs and an interest or experience with AI.
What you'll be doing as the Instructional Content Designer:
- Collaborating on creating a cohesive end-to-end client product journey.
- Writing, designing, developing and publishing easy to use technical content (e.g., embedded in the UI, product tours, messages, product & API documentation, multimedia).
- Simplifying complex concepts and details from multiple sources into consumable content.
- Delivering clear, inclusive and accessible content for a global audience.
- Researching and designing content based on user scenarios, use cases, personas.
- Contributing to design reviews and conducting user testing/research to validate content.
- Collaborating directly with Design team.
- Influencing product design decisions to deliver the best user experiences we can for our clients.
- Owning parts of the end-to-end authoring process: design, development, editing, production, life cycle management.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a Content Designer, Instructional Designer, Technical Writer, Conent Strategist or similar.
- Experience writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability.
- Proven experience simplifying complex content for users.
- Researching and studying a subject and its context to inform content.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate and design for the interactions between language and design elements to construct a logical, compelling narrative throughout user/client journey.
- Can define and apply consistent voice and tone throughout a content journey.
- Knowledge of markup languages (such as DITA XML, Markdown, HTML) and authoring tools (Oxygen).
- Experience documenting detailed technical content such as APIs and SDKs.
- Foundational understanding of UX design and design research.
Nice to have: agile experience, AI/ NLP experience, experience with WalkMe (or similar)
If this sounds like you please get in touch with your resume and portfolio.
Submit resume (and samples if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Creative Circle
We put creative professionals to work, connecting them with opportunities at top organizations — from Fortune500 companies to boutique agencies and budding startups. We want you to succeed — at the right job, with a culture and vision that aligns with yours. Apply for an open job you are interested in. If your experience is a match, we’ll set up an interview.
Want to learn more about Creative Circle? Visit Creative Circle's website.
Create the extraordinary.