SEO Associate Manager
Dentsu, Remote, Work from USA
Champions for meaningful progress
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This opportunity is specific to the dentsu agency Merkle.
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Open to remote applicants in the US!
As an SEO Associate Manager, you will be responsible for various internet marketing activities, including organic search campaign development, search engine optimization, on-page optimization, and performance analysis and reporting. You will use your hands-on technical SEO knowledge, client communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability, and time management skills as you will work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Set and execute SEO strategies to improve a website’s organic rankings to grow site traffic
- On-site optimization of on-page elements, appropriate use of redirects, identify areas of opportunity to improve internal linking structures, website copy optimizations, review and validate the effective use sitemaps
- Conduct keyword research to identify keyword and content gaps for brands and provide detailed recommendations to increase visibility within search engines to drive relevant traffic to a client’s website
- Analyze and compile relevant data across various reporting platforms to measure the effectiveness of SEO efforts and provide performance insights on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis
- Work with a team to develop and execute site migration strategies for complex websites
- Keep abreast of the latest SEO tools and techniques and communicate learnings across internal teams and client stakeholders to create awareness and buy-in
- Collaborate with different teams, such as website developers, web analytics, content, UI design, and branding/PR teams on the execution of projects
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations on the structure of sites and pages to improve visibility and signaling to search engines
- 2-3+ years of Search Engine Optimization experience and an eagerness to learn
- Excellent time management and communication skills required
- Tactical/Technical implementation experience working with complicated websites
- In-depth knowledge of various website analytics platforms and the use Google Search Console to identify and troubleshoot issues on an ongoing basis
- Experience and understanding of the effective use of technical SEO tools such as Botify, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs and Lighthouse to identify issues and opportunities
- Experience and understanding of the effective use of keyword reporting platforms such as SEMRush, Brighedge and Conductor to identify issues and opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or other related field preferred
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology.
In good times and bad, we partner with brands to achieve meaningful progress as a force for growth and good. Our teams of optimists, entrepreneurs and first-movers coalesce around the needs of our clients, unlocking unique possibilities for sustainable value and lasting change.
Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Want to learn more about Dentsu? Visit Dentsu's website.
Create the extraordinary.