Digital Media Planner
Dentsu, Boston, MA
Champions for meaningful progress
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
This opportunity is at the dentsu agency Merkle
The Digital Media Planner will provide leadership to ensure clients’ needs and requirements are met. They will oversee campaign planning, optimization strategies, and campaign performance success for a set of top tier client relationships. They will provide consultative strategic direction to assigned accounts and identify appropriate programs and services to meet client needs.
Furthermore, the Digital Media Planner will work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis. They will attend client meetings and actively take part in presentations.
- Act as a primary client contact, understanding client goals and optimizing success through research and analysis
- Develop RFPs, final media plan recommendations, buy summaries, and campaign measurements where necessary
- Present proposals with media and cost schedules to clients
- Manage all facets of campaign execution by working with Assistant Media Planners
- Take the lead on optimization strategies for digital placements
- Manage, review, and analyze all client facing deliverables
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and identify areas of development within emerging markets
- Develop and present concise results decks highlighting the relevant learning gained and recommendations for future campaigns
- Delegate and oversee responsibilities/assignments appropriate for Assistant Media Planners
- Promote positive working relationships within the department, the company, and the vendor community
- Provide strategic guidance to the media planning team
- Provide consultative strategic direction to your accounts and identify appropriate programs and services to meet client needs
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years in digital media and planning
- Hands-on experience with DCM/Campaign Manager
- Possess demonstrable experience working in both B2B and B2C environments (specific client experience within the technology sector is a plus)
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Be detail-oriented, very organized, able to multi-task, and able to work well under pressure
- Articulate, intelligent, and credible individual who is a self-starter and keen to make a difference in a growing business with existing clients
- Experience with research resources, such as @Plan, Kantar, Comscore, Nielsen/NetRatings, and AdRelevance, as well as other research/planning tools
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology.
In good times and bad, we partner with brands to achieve meaningful progress as a force for growth and good. Our teams of optimists, entrepreneurs and first-movers coalesce around the needs of our clients, unlocking unique possibilities for sustainable value and lasting change.
Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Want to learn more about Dentsu? Visit Dentsu's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands