Associate Research & Brand Strategist
Dentsu, Remote, Work from USA (CST or EST ideal)
Champions for meaningful progress
This opportunity is specific to Merkle
The Associate Research & Brand Strategist will play a key role in collaborating with cross-discipline roles within Merkle to help plan, develop, and execute research initiatives and customer strategies that achieve our clients’ business and people-based marketing objectives. In this role, you will be gaining a deep understanding of clients’ businesses, the motivations of their customers and target audiences, and the implications of trends within their industry.
In supporting both Customer Research and Brand Strategy, you will need both an analytical and a strategic mindset. This role requires the ability to assess and synthesize datasets from various sources, to uncover audience motivations from qualitative research, and to tell a story about those findings through audience personas and journeys.
You might have found the right opportunity if you:
- Are driven to translate data into compelling stories
- Want to be a key player in a rapidly growing practice
- Have 1-3 years in professional services within customer research or strategic planning
- Have 1-3 years’ experience in web, mobile, or campaign experiences
- Want to work with people that will grow your knowledge
- Are comfortable with up to 25% travel allocation
Your day-to-day will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting and conducting primary and secondary customer research, including customer interviews, desktop research, and survey design and deployment, among others
- Helping to build client workshops, presentations, and other working sessions to define client business objectives and market considerations, or to present research results and strategic recommendations
- Helping to develop strategic briefs, personas, journeys, and roadmaps based on quantitative and qualitative research for execution by creative and user experience teams
- Working with internal teams to assess performance of current-state digital experiences and identify opportunities to strengthen future-state experiences
- Coordinating with research vendors and developing discussion guides
- BA or BS in a research-, strategy-, or marketing-related field
- 1-3 years of industry experience in marketing, digital experience, primary research, or strategic planning
- Ability to translate strategic insights into actionable recommendations, digital experience roadmaps strategic briefs, or other guidance for creative teams
- Results-oriented, customer-focused team player
- Adaptability, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to align with client strategic objectives and roadmap
- Focused; a self-starter with experience working in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology.
In good times and bad, we partner with brands to achieve meaningful progress as a force for growth and good. Our teams of optimists, entrepreneurs and first-movers coalesce around the needs of our clients, unlocking unique possibilities for sustainable value and lasting change.
Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Want to learn more about Dentsu? Visit Dentsu's website.
Create the extraordinary.