We are looking for a driven and creatively focused Public Relations Manager to assist in handling public relations efforts for Bon Appetit. This role will interact with the editorial, sales and marketing departments to help generate maximum exposure for the magazine, website and client-sponsored programs. The PR Manager will proactively pitch stories of interest to local and national consumer and trade media outlets across print, online, television, and radio and will develop and execute accompanying social media campaigns.
- Attend restaurant and hotel openings representing Bon Appetit as the brand ambassador. Secure and manage press at key events.
- Manage Chicago Gourmet event working with IRA PR agency and Bon Appetit Creative Services and Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit.
- Respond to media inquiries pertaining to each of the properties and arrange for interviews with editors and sales executives.
- Manage metrics, keep track of media pickup, and liaise with media monitoring vendors to ensure proper coverage is being received.
- Keep an up-to-date list media contacts at key outlets.
- Distribute noteworthy clips for inclusion in the daily, internal company email news blast.
- Provide general administrative support, including messenger, overnight functions and processing bills and budgets.
- Manage seasonal department interns.
- College degree and a minimum of 3+ years relevant experience in public relations
- Knowledge of the magazine, media and epicurean industries
- Familiarity with Critical Mention, Burrelles, Cision and other media monitoring platforms a plus
- Ability to multi-task, must be extremely detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent at database management using Excel and other computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Skills.Please click here to apply