Editor, Atlantic Media Company
Editor, Atlantic Media Atlantic Media is looking for an editor to lead a new web site devoted to covering a range of topics on the broad theme of global cities. Areas include: transportation, urban affairs, neighborhoods, innovation, and trends in housing, economic competitiveness, and demography. The site will be built around the vision and work of Richard Florida, Atlantic senior editor, renowned economist/demographer, and author of The Rise of the Creative Class and The Great Reset. Working with Rich, the editor will oversee a small team of bloggers and multimedia producers with the goal of creating a premier web destination that attracts experts in the space as well as curious generalist readers. The ideal candidate:
- Has at least five years experience as a digital journalist;
- Has a demonstrated interest in urban affairs, demography, and social/economic policy;
- Can spot talent, build and manage a team, and operate independently;
- Is experienced assigning, editing, producing, and writing stories/blog posts for the web;
- Has a deep understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience including, but not limited to, using search, social media, content partners, and third-party aggregators;
- Has a journalistic sensibility that fits Atlantic values: intelligent, fair, accurate, fast, curious, provocative, news-driven.