Marketing Manager - Communication & Literature
Bedford/St. Martins announces an opening for a Marketing Manager for Communication and Literature. This position will be located in the New York or Boston office.
- Create and execute internal and external strategic marketing plans, in coordination with Bedford/St. Martins marketing and editorial, to promote Communication and Literature texts and to achieve sales forecasts.
- Drive campaigns for all kinds of adoption situations, from committee decisions to individual choice.
- Travel with sales representatives to close sales, provide training on the discipline, and gather market feedback. This would amount to an extensive travel schedule during peak selling periods.
- Communicate with the sales force regarding important adoptions.
- Help to manage key adopters of Bedford/St. Martins texts, as well as to devise and implement short and long-term strategies for key competitive adoptions.
- Help to coordinate, develop, and communicate essential product information working with editors, authors, the advertising group, and marketing department to develop accurate and effective data that will serve as the basis for catalogs, brochures, space advertising and training materials.
- Communicate with editors about new projects and market development.
- Plan and conduct product training sessions at two National Sales Meetings per year. This includes helping to set the agenda, directing and rehearsing presenters, and coordinating collateral materials.
- Participate in communication and literature conferences.
- Excellently demonstrated product knowledge and sales history in communication and literature.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; specifically, writing skills will be evaluated during the selection process.
- Strong demonstrated ability to close adoptions.
- Willingness to travel.
- 2 or more years of successful sales or marketing management experience in college textbook publishing.
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor's degree.
Cover Letters and Resumes are required; applications without cover letters will not be considered.