Online Content Specialist
The Online Content Specialist is responsible for creating and/or managing the creation of content for bedfordstmartins.com, including but not limited to email newsletters, podcasts, Captivate tours, author videos, images, surveys, etc.and also designing and deploying branded campaigns for our webinar program and our social media channels.
- Help conceive of/implement content-related special projects (newsletters, blogs, communities, etc)
- Work with marketing and editorial to schedule, create, and design digital campaigns, including e-mails, direct mail, Captivate tours, microsites, and videos.
- Create/acquire & post content for bedfordstmartins.com, including copy, FAQs, e-newsletters, flash ebooks, video, and surveys.
- Manage our webinar program, helping marketing and editorial plan, carry out, and record webinars with authors and teachers
- Communicate with users and moderate requested webex demosrequires independent judgment and discretion.
- Work with e-newsletter authors to produce and send monthly e-newsletter for composition, Inkd In
- Help implement and track campaigns using social media.
- Contribute to the maintenance of email calendar
- Contribute to internal communication and training on best practices for e-mail design, webinars, and e-newsletters
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Possesses strong ethic of customer service and support
- Exercises diplomacy and patience for communicating across groups
- Displays excellent organizational skills and ability to respond promptly and prioritize between multiple projects
- Writes clear, persuasive, and user-friendly language for copy, storyboards, and sites
- Communicates clear direction to print and web designers
- Demonstrates interest in and knowledge of digital marketing channels
- Works independently and takes responsibility for deadlines and internal communication
- Knows Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Engages with best practices for web site and email design and UX
- 2 years editorial or digital marketing experience
- Experience with Captivate, WebEx, Photoshop , and iMovie a plus
- Experience with using social media marketing a plus
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelors or Masters degree