Tor Books currently seeks a Marketing Manager. The Marketing Manager works closely with the sales, editorial, and ad/promo departments including organization for major sales meetings, Comic Con conventions, galley orders/distribution/planning, managing catalog copy, and editors audio presentations. A marketing assistant reports to this position. The Marketing Manager reports to the Executive Director of Marketing.
- Seasonal catalog (3 seasons/yr): organize existing marketing plans into bullets, proof marketing plans, ensure quality materials, including tip and launch sheets, for all sales meetings.
- Major sales meetings: oversee, organize, and prepare for all major meetings (3) leading up to each of three sales conferences per year, including sales needs, galley quantities, sales proofs, etc. Present titles at presales meetings; act as moderator at Sales Conference.
- Galleys: track quantities; make recommendations for distribution thru IndieBound, ABC, and various online venues; 4-color cover approval, administrator of POD Publink system once/if implemented.
- Net Galley: set up titles, troubleshoot issues, recommend galley mailings, target recipients
- Internet data: responsible for the timely release of internet data. Address any online retail issues.
- Conventions: initiate and manage the planning and execution of timelines and strategies for consumer and trade conventions. Actual set-up and attendance required. At least two cons per year.
- Editorial liaison: work closely with editors sheparding catalog copy through various stages for various sales meetings.
- Edelweiss: Collect covers for release to online catalog and ensure catalog associations; set up titles for galleys
- Marketing sheets: set-up and maintain title marketing records and provide as needed for the planning of new titles; create marketing plans for bookseller outreach.
- Budgets/costs: assist the Executive Director in the management of costs and budgets for business meetings and conventions.
- Assistant: manage and mentor.
- Other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director of Marketing.
- Read books from Tor/Forges list with an eye toward marketing possibilities.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- Strong work ethic
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of various online social environments: Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, LibraryThing, etc.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Three years recent book publishing experience in marketing or sales areas.
- Bachelors Degree
Applications and resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.