Editor, News Desk
We are looking for an editor who will manage the production and editing of content for local newscasts during drive time. As part of the editorial team, the News Desk Editor sets the direction of our daily news coverage for both on air and online.Some of the duties and responsibilities in this role are:
- Assigns stories to reporters for broadcast on 91.5 FM and WBEZ.org and ensures reporters receive edits.
- Supervises and provides leadership to a team of award winning reporters and producers.
- Produces content as needed for local newscasts and web.
- Provides training and editorial guidance to news producers and overseeing mentoring for interns.
- Works with managing editor to measure performance and professional development of reporters.
- Assists with pledge drives as requested.
- This position requires the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Previous newsroom reporting and editing, with a demonstrated ability to write for broadcast and web audiences.
- Excellent editorial and organizational skills, with an understanding of broadcast journalism workflow.
- Must be familiar with multimedia news production.
- Knowledge of Chicago and Illinois/Northwest Indiana issues are important in this role.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to manage a dedicated and creative team.
- Must have ability to manage projects with multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.