Senior Acquisitions Editor, AmazonCrossing
AmazonCrossing is seeking an energetic and innovative Sr. Acquisition Editor to develop relationships with authors globally in order to quickly and effectively acquire and publish literature from around the world. You will shape the success for the program's initiatives by developing and defining program content, driving scalable and cross-functional teams to define business and product requirement, and coordinating cross workgroup marketing initiatives. This is a multi-faceted job where flexibility, a strong work ethic and a deep rooted passion for literature is a must for success.
- Identify and define opportunities for growth by way of forming strategic global Author partnerships.
- Utilize market and internal data to deliver unique acquisition opportunities
- Document and present innovative growth strategies to senior management
- Create and maintain business and product definition with input from business stakeholders.
- Drive development activities across cross functional teams to lead product launches.
- Find and implement innovative methods to forecast effectively the commercial value of published titles.
- Partner with groups within Amazon to develop and leverage marketing programs and identify new opportunities that align to team and cross-company goals.
- Ability to read and edit in multiple languages while providing constructive and efficient feedback to translators.
- BA/BS Required
- 6 or more years relevant author relations, editorial or publishing experience
- Strong communication skills, including written and oral communication
- Reading and editorial fluency in at least 1 other language.
- Strong analytical abilities, including experience working with MS Excel