University of Massachusetts Amherst
The News and Media Relations team in University Relations is looking for a Video Manager/Producer to provide strategic oversight and administrative direction over video production services and participate in a hands-on fashion in the production, shooting, editing, and archiving of video packages to promote the University. The manager will play a leadership role in directing client relations on campus, coordinating with off-campus vendors, and overseeing a steady stream of newscast-style pieces as well as institutional branding, student recruitment, and other content. This position will also manage the operation and maintenance of a live-shot broadcast TV and video production studio and act as liaison to video/communications vendor.
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Film, Communications, or a related field
- Five years experience in public relations, journalism, or a related field
- Experience in shooting and editing newscast-style video pieces
- Expertise in digital editing software
- Proven lighting and shooting ability
- Experience shooting in studio and on location
- Knowledge of online communication techniques such as Twitter, embedding code and other online forms of communication is required
- Experience editing and reviewing video stories in Final Cut or a similar non-linear editing application
- Demonstrated ability to plan in advance and coordinate shoots that will result in strong natural-sound pieces as well as be skilled in conducting interviews, scouting locations and setting up lighting and audio
- Knowledge of higher education, particularly public higher education
Salary is commensurate with skills and qualifications.
The priority application deadline is August 6, 2012. However, applications will be accepted beyond that date until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references to Search #R43136, Employment Office, 167 Whitmore Administration Building, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-8170.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.