Deputy Editor - WTVJ
- Report and create original articles, videos and slideshows; gather original content from the local TV station’s newsroom and curate a wide variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications and magazines
- Produce the homepage, main pages and subsections of the website
- Ensure the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy created by NBC Local Media
- Work as part of a digital team, as well as producers, editors and content experts at the local TV station, to publish stories onto the website across a 24/7 schedule
- Knowledge and experience using Twitter and Facebook, and a passion discovering latest social tools
- Experience actively engaging the community and reporting through social media
- Take direction from the local managing editor, as well as senior editors at Local Media’s national editorial center in New York, and collaborate with content centers in other local markets to share stories and resources across all NBC’s city websites.
- Assist in the hiring of freelance contributors and other content creators
- At least 1 year experience as an editor, senior writer or senior producer at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines
- Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
- Experience editing video and creating slideshows is very desirable
- Must be able to work early morning, night and weekend hours when demanded by the group’s start-up environment, breaking news or other editorial responsibilities
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or English
- Work overtime and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar location
- Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools
- Blogging, wire service, newspaper rewrite or 24-hour cable news background
NBC Universal is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer promoting diversity in the workplace. We invite and encourage response from women, persons of color, veterans and the disabled.
Please apply online via the given link. No phone calls or emails please.